• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

the good news about movie 2 never ends :)

Quote *While the project is shrouded in secrecy, it is expected to take place after the events of “Prometheus 2″*

http://www.thewrap.com/neill-blomkamp-to-direct-alien-movie-for-20th-century-fox/

Awesome.

Interesting IF true.

Prometheus 2 will not focus primarily on Shaw and David on board the Juggernaut they escaped in. This time frame is said to be glazed over, since Shaw will be incapacitated for most of the trip anyways

There will be 3 main plot lines, Shaw and David's mission to Paradise is only one of these three

The Engineers are NOT our cretors, but servants to a higher being, much like David is to Humanity

Prometheus 2 WILL link LV-223 and LV-426, it will provide some answers to Alien, but it won't be an 'Alien' movie

Prometheus 2 will feature 2 monsters - both having connections to the Xenomorph, but are not Xenomorphs themselves

There will be a loose connection between the Engineers and the Prometheus myth, involving "fire", however we believe this is in a metaphorical sense

Project Prometheus was not the first mission to LV-223

The Black Goo will return, but not as a weapon, but as a means to create life - the forbidden fruit, if you will

Evolution will NOT be the focus, but instead the hierarchy of creation and ancient Gods

David wishes to play God himself...

Ideas from the original Star Beast will be incorporated

Prometheus 2 is said to have a very Matrix and Blade Runner feel to it, regarding the agenda of the Creators and the Engineers

Prometheus 2 will have a much larger cast, not a smaller one

Ideas which didn't make it into Prometheus will make their way into Prometheus 2

Read more: http://www.scified.com/site/prometheusmovies/exclusive-prometheus-2-plot-elements-potentially-leaked#ixzz3i5ahjN00

I know!

We've been talking about it non-stop for the last few days.

:) Well...actually, I'm the only one...but I'm excited.

I really have a love hate thing with Prometheus. I'm hoping for at least a more coherent plot then the first.

It was coherent, just insanely complex. That should change because Damon Lindelof, the head writer of the similarly-complex show "Lost" was responsible for the complexity from the first film and I don't see evidence of any involvement from him on this one. The bad news is the writer of this one's last major screenplay was the "Green Lantern" stinker a few years ago. :eek: Not sure the screenplay was to blame for that though.

Evolution will NOT be the focus, but instead the hierarchy of creation and ancient Gods

Ummm...what? ??? Given that Ridley Scott is a self-professed atheist, this seems strange. The writer, Michael Green, has written a biblical television show about King David and went to a Jewish school growing up, so he may be religious. I'm skeptical about this twist. hm There's nothing to prohibit genetic mutation and the resulting phenomenon of evolution itself being a mechanism created by a god, a fact that Shaw explicitly points out during the film, but still...a central religious focus seems quite strange for a science fiction film. Hopefully that bit is an overstatement or outright misstatement.

Love the quote Ridley Scott says he found the subtext of Prometheus "a bit florid and grandiose"

gee, ridley you couldn't tell that while filming? :facepalm: I appreciate grandiose film making as much as the next dude, but you have to throw us some bones for gad sakes.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/prometheus/36749/prometheus-2-starts-shooting-in-february-story-hints

Ridley Scott Wants To Make 3 More Prometheus Films; Last One Will Connect To Alien

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/23/ridley-scott-wants-to-make-3-more-prometheus-films-last-one-will/

"It won’t be in the next one. It will be in the one after this one or maybe even a fourth film before we get back into the Alien franchise…," explained Scott while promoting The Martian. "The whole point of it is to explain the Alien franchise and to explain the how and why of the creation of the Alien itself,” he added. "I always thought of the Alien as kind of a piece of bacterial warfare. I always thought that that original ship, which I call the Croissant, was a battleship, holding these biomechanoid creatures that were all about destruction."

I have to wonder.

How much of this is Ridley genuinely wanting to tell a story and how much of it is Fox pushing for a story where non exists just so they can have a franchise to milk?

The mainstream utters on the Alien franchise have long since dried up for about 29 years now. The fan base keeps the demand up for inferior products and horror shows, but before Prometheus, nothing appeared on the screen as innovative like the '79 original.