• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Marc Guggenheim Reveals the Title Of Arrow's 100th Episode

invasion-crossover-202233.png

During an event earlier tonight celebrating Arrow's one hundredth episode, series showrunner Marc Guggenheim confirmed the episode's title -- as well as that of the DC's Legends of Tomorrow episode it crosses over with for good measure.

"I'm giving you an exclusive -- because you're the only one who's asked," Guggenheim joked. "Arrow episode 508 is called 'Invasion!' with the exclamation point. And Legends of Tomorrow 207 is going to be 'Invasion!'. I'll leave it up to you to guess what The Flash is called."

Supergirl airs on Mondays at 8 p.m.; The Flash on Tuesdays at the same time, Arrow on Wednesdays, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow on Thursdays. The crossover is expected to air in early December.

This could be a perfect time to slip Constantine into this timeslot.

CW DCTV And SUPERNATURAL Is Crossover We Need Says Stephen Amell

PbSC4vk.png

According to Stephen Amell, an Arrow-verse and Supernatural crossover is one fans deserve. But is it the one they need?

The idea of a DC/Supernatural crossover came to light earlier this weekend at Entertainment Weekly’s Pop Fest. The celebration gathered several of The CW’s biggest stars from show such as Supernatural, Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow. Sometime during the convention, a slew of those actors took a moment to snap a picture of themselves backstage - and the Internet lost it.

“This is the crossover we need,” Amell wrote when he posted the star-studded photo to his Instagram. The image shows Amell (Arrow) posing for a picture along with Jared Padalecki (Supernatural), Jensen Ackles (Supernatural), Grant Gustin (The Flash), Caity Lotz (Legends of Tomorrow), and Melissa Benoist (Supergirl).

So far I like the new season better than last, but they need to juice it up a bit more. It's so depressingly dark too. Constantine would definitely lighten the mood up. I hope they bring him back.

Let's see how this goes over.

‘Arrow’ Adds Lexa Doig in Recurring Role as DC Comics’ Talia al Ghul

arrow-talia-al-ghul-lexa-doig-slice-600x200.jpg

THR reports that Lexa Doig (Continuum, Stargate SG-1) will play Talia al Ghul on Arrow, starting with her introduction in the season’s 10th episode. That means the earliest we’ll see Talia al Ghul will be after the show’s milestone 100th episode that’s part of the four-series crossover special; look for Doig to star early in 2017 when Arrow returns from a midseason break.

Talia al Ghul is also expected to be a recurring character. The highly intelligent eldest daughter of Ra’s, Talia is described as “worldly and cultured, an elite warrior who doesn’t pick sides but rather creates her own,” is an expert at hand-to-hand combat, and is extremely well-trained in most weapons. If Arrow‘s version of Talia hews close to the character’s arcs in the Batman comics, then we might very well see yet another deadly love interest for Master Queen.

I've been binge watching a few episodes at a time with Season 5. And I have to admit, this seems like a return to the early days when the show was edgy and interesting.

But now there are these rumors.

Stephen Amell Hints At ARROW Cancellation

In an issue that is chuck full of information on the upcoming Invasion! crossover, it's mentioned the clock could be ticking for Arrow:

"As resonant as the Arroverse has been, the immense imagination and spectacular ambitions of Berlanti's shows will also be frustrated by limited time and resources. The clock could be ticking on the show that started it all: Stephen Amell thinks Arrow is at a crossroards following a tonally turbulent season 4. "We're either going to do what we do and do it well, or it's the last year," he says. "If we find that magic formula--which is not magic, it's just hard work and playing to your strengths--then the show should go on for a really long time."

An article on EW.com offers further insights from Stephen Amell:

Amell confesses that he became frustrated with last season’s creative direction. “I put my heart and soul into every day of work and every episode, but at the same time there is a lull in any relationship where you need to have a ‘come to Jesus’ moment, so to speak,” says the actor. “That happened for me in the latter half of season 4, where I feel like there were just a few things that got lost in the shuffle, so we needed to really refocus in season 5.”

"It was a savvy, natural move, anyway, given Arrowverse’s expansion to four shows this season and a franchise desire to make sure that each of them had a distinct identity. “The original vision of Arrow has been augmented and changed to support and accept and help introduce various other shows, and that is a wonderful amazing opportunity. Now that that’s done, we have to do what we do well,” says Amell. “There are things that Legends and Flash and Supergirlcan do, based on the sort of more fantastical nature of their shows. But there are things that we can do that none of them can. We are a street-level crime fighting show. We’re at our best when we’re focused on those things.”

Deathstroke Confirmed For Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, & Legends Crossover

deathstroke-arrow-211377.png

In the latest teaser for The CW's four-show Invasion! crossover, eagle-eyed fans can get a glimpse of Deathstroke, the fan-favorite Arrow villain whose last appearance was about halfway through the show's third season.

With the show's hundredth episode being what executive producer Marc Guggenheim called "a love letter to the show," could fans see their favorite villain once again in the form of either a current-day Deathstroke, or the season two version by the magic of time travel?

"I do get to punch an alien, but not in the hundredth episode of Arrow," series star Stephen Amell told ComicBook.com at the Arrow 100th episode party two weeks ago. "The hundredth episode of Arrow begins in a very appropriate way: it begins with Oliver running."

"We utilize the crossover to ostensibly allow us to do whatever we want for the one hundredth," Amell said. "So it's almost like the writers have a blank canvas."

Justice League Hall of Justice Featured In Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, Legends Posters

justice-league-invasion-hall-justice.png

When The Dominators attack Earth next week during Invasion they'll be taking on none other than the Justice League, or at least the DC TV version of Justice League made up of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

An eagle-eyed redditor pointed out that The CW Invasion posters feature the Justice League Hall of Justice in the background. When the posters are put together side-by-side, such as in the following promo pic below, the Justice League Hall of Justice can clearly be seen.

hall-justice-superfriends.jpg

Advance Review: Stephen Amell Gives His Best Performance In This Week's Hundredth Episode of Arrow

arrow-invasion-crossover-oliver-queen-alien-gun-213815.jpg

The 100th episode, while very much a part of the Invasion storyline, also provides a sort of Bizzaro version of It’s a Wonderful Life by showing Ollie what would have happened if he was never shipwrecked. Moira and Robert Queen are alive and loving with each other and their children. Ollie and Thea have both matured from their hard partying youths into mature adults. And Laurel Lance is Ollie’s fiancée. Laurel and Ollie are blissfully in love, just days before their wedding. Without the weight of the city, and sometimes the world on his shoulders, Oliver Queen is happy, well-adjusted, and has everything he ever wanted. But if he chooses the fantasy, it will be Ollie who fails the city, by no longer being its protector. Oliver Queen has a choice to make. And it’s not necessarily the same one he would have made five, or even ten years earlier when he was shipwrecked.

Stephen Amell also gives a stunning performance, easily his best in one hundred episodes (plus occasional appearances on The Flash.) Seeing the Ollie we never got to know as he learns what his life might be instead, and struggle with the choice between those lives, is fascinating and moving. Gone for a few minutes is gruff and brooding Ollie, and instead we get to the depths of his love for his family and Laurel, his fear, and his heart all on display.

Another really cool episode. And rather than the Dominators detracting from the traditional show story, it built upon the show history what makes Oliver and cast different. Even using some of the deceased characters for some of the more emotional moments of the story.

:applause:

Another really cool episode. And rather than the Dominators detracting from the traditional show story, it built upon the show history what makes Oliver and cast different. Even using some of the deceased characters for some of the more emotional moments of the story.

:applause:

I really liked it also. I guess they wanted an homage to the original cast in case this does end up being the last season. I thought that was the best part. It was certainly the best episode of the crossover thus far.

My preferred alien invaders would have been the Thanagarians though. I would have really loved to see Carter & Kendra back in a 4 night crossover that lasts several weeks.

Read the bold in Bosco's previous post.

Why would this be the last season?

I've been binge watching a few episodes at a time with Season 5. And I have to admit, this seems like a return to the early days when the show was edgy and interesting.

But now there are these rumors.

Stephen Amell Hints At ARROW Cancellation

In an issue that is chuck full of information on the upcoming Invasion! crossover, it's mentioned the clock could be ticking for Arrow:

"As resonant as the Arroverse has been, the immense imagination and spectacular ambitions of Berlanti's shows will also be frustrated by limited time and resources. The clock could be ticking on the show that started it all: Stephen Amell thinks Arrow is at a crossroards following a tonally turbulent season 4. "We're either going to do what we do and do it well, or it's the last year," he says. "If we find that magic formula--which is not magic, it's just hard work and playing to your strengths--then the show should go on for a really long time."

An article on EW.com offers further insights from Stephen Amell:

Amell confesses that he became frustrated with last season’s creative direction. “I put my heart and soul into every day of work and every episode, but at the same time there is a lull in any relationship where you need to have a ‘come to Jesus’ moment, so to speak,” says the actor. “That happened for me in the latter half of season 4, where I feel like there were just a few things that got lost in the shuffle, so we needed to really refocus in season 5.”

"It was a savvy, natural move, anyway, given Arrowverse’s expansion to four shows this season and a franchise desire to make sure that each of them had a distinct identity. “The original vision of Arrow has been augmented and changed to support and accept and help introduce various other shows, and that is a wonderful amazing opportunity. Now that that’s done, we have to do what we do well,” says Amell. “There are things that Legends and Flash and Supergirl can do, based on the sort of more fantastical nature of their shows. But there are things that we can do that none of them can. We are a street-level crime fighting show. We’re at our best when we’re focused on those things.”