• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

I like Darhk, but yea this season has had issues. Laurel has come a long way, though. I hated her early one, but this season she's gotten better by leaps and bounds and also I've read from numerous sources that

she's not dead

I am hoping Felicity gets booted permanently though. I liked her character in earlier seasons, but she's gotten worse and worse. This season's portrayal of her has been terrible.

I like Darhk, but yea this season has had issues. Laurel has come a long way, though. I hated her early one, but this season she's gotten better by leaps and bounds and also I've read from numerous sources that

she's not dead

I am hoping Felicity gets booted permanently though. I liked her character in earlier seasons, but she's gotten worse and worse. This season's portrayal of her has been terrible.

I wondered about her death it seemed a little bit off. The actress who plays Laurel can't even handle the fighting moves she looks clumsy compared to the other characters. This show also suffers a massive overdose of small world syndrome which i personally hate. First it was just arrow as a hero who can fight like the devil now both his ex-girlfriends and his sister kick too. Its a little overkill for me.Oh and lets not forget his best friends dad is a deadly assassin and speedy's boyfriend becomes a super strong hero /villain for awhile as well.

I was willing to live with these flaws because Arrows struggle against evil was pretty good overall. Until this season. Darkh never intrigued me at all. Malcolm has become a guy who is just a schemer but can no longer go head to head against Oliver. Even before he lost his hand it had become a mismatch and i think they would have been better served if Malcolm had remained capable of defeating arrow physically.

One of the worst parts was Felicity telling arrow she loved him but she couldn't marry him because someday someone would get leverage on him and force him to lie to her again. That is beyond inane. Just a sad ploy to create more cooked drama and tension between the two. No one who is crazy about someone calls it off because they fearful a third party will force a measure of dishonesty "someday". I mean she shoulda just asked him if he loved her and have him reply "duh" and that would be better writing imo.

I just no longer enjoy the show and only tuned in to see laurel kick the bucket before quitting it. Maybe if they get things fixed I'll catch up on it again through amazon but until then I'm out.

she's not dead

I wondered about her death it seemed a little bit off. The actress who plays Laurel can't even handle the fighting moves she looks clumsy compared to the other characters. This show also suffers a massive overdose of small world syndrome which i personally hate. First it was just arrow as a hero who can fight like the devil now both his ex-girlfriends and his sister kick too. Its a little overkill for me.Oh and lets not forget his best friends dad is a deadly assassin and speedy's boyfriend becomes a super strong hero /villain for awhile as well.

I was willing to live with these flaws because Arrows struggle against evil was pretty good overall. Until this season. Darkh never intrigued me at all. Malcolm has become a guy who is just a schemer but can no longer go head to head against Oliver. Even before he lost his hand it had become a mismatch and i think they would have been better served if Malcolm had remained capable of defeating arrow physically.

One of the worst parts was Felicity telling arrow she loved him but she couldn't marry him because someday someone would get leverage on him and force him to lie to her again. That is beyond inane. Just a sad ploy to create more cooked drama and tension between the two. No one who is crazy about someone calls it off because they fearful a third party will force a measure of dishonesty "someday". I mean she shoulda just asked him if he loved her and have him reply "duh" and that would be better writing imo.

I just no longer enjoy the show and only tuned in to see laurel kick the bucket before quitting it. Maybe if they get things fixed I'll catch up on it again through amazon but until then I'm out.

I'm with you. This season has been a HUGE letdown. I Just felt like it didn't have a goal. The entire Deathstroke season was fantastic. The story and plots all moved to a singular point. This season is all over the place.

I agree that they introduced too many characters too fast. Now they are bringing in Diggler's brother? WHen will it stop? Will Speedy have a diabolical twin? Will Captain Lance show us his secret adopted Haitian kid?

The flashbacks with the island are getting annoying.

Agreed on the flashbacks. I'm not sure where they're trying to go with them.

I'm thinking part of the issue too is that Berlanti & crew isn't now just doing Arrow, but he's got his hands in so many shows. Flash is so good, SG is picking up speed, Legends, etc so Arrow is falling between the cracks.

Kevin Smith And Stephen Amell Want To Work Together On Arrow

After the Kevin Smith-directed episode of The Flash aired this past Tuesday and earned high-praise from all, fans of DC's television universe began clamoring for Smith to take his talent to Arrow as well.

While Smith, who at one time wrote Green Arrow comics, has no desire to direct an episode of Arrow, he does have interest in writing for the show and would like to introduce a villain from his run. "I would, though, like to write on Arrow,” Smith told Variety. “I would love to jump in for a one or two episode arc just to bring that Onomatopoeia character to life."

onomatopoeia.jpg

Uhhhh. This was a disappointing ending.

27 mins until the end of the world...and they spend about 10mins discussing Ollie's and the world's lack of hope.

I so wanted one of the nukes to hit Felicity.

27 mins until the end of the world...and they spend about 10mins discussing Ollie's and the world's lack of hope.

Seriously, in AoU Jarvis was barely able to pull of what Felicity Smoak could ???

It felt really corny at times. :facepalm:

I guess there will be flashbacks in Russia next season. I really hope they stop with all the back & forth. It was cool with the 1st few seasons, but this season it was just awful. :sick:

I prefer Laurel Lance's Black Siren persona on the Flash over her Black Canary on Arrow. :devil:

They should have killed off Felicity, her mom & Captain Lance, rather than Laurel. I liked Felicity in the flashback hacker episode from S03E05 "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak", but other than that, the character kind of irritates me. Especially the way she gets Palmer tech after leaving Ray for Oliver & then leaves Oliver for keeping secrets. suicide.gif

If Felicity played that cool hacker rather than the stuck up blonde, I would be much more into the show.

Edited by chezmtghut

The finale was kind of terrible.

15,000+ nukes get launched and none of them hit their intended target within 2 hours?

Ollie's speech stops all the rioting? Riiiight.

In the big fight at the end, Dahrk's men don't just blow everyone away with automatic weapons and instead rush the mob to engage in hand to hand combat?

In the midst of the big fight, Ollie, Diggle and Thea all take time out and have a conversation?

This season was a disappointment compared to the first three.

The finale was kind of terrible.

15,000+ nukes get launched and none of them hit their intended target within 2 hours?

Ollie's speech stops all the rioting? Riiiight.

In the big fight at the end, Dahrk's men don't just blow everyone away with automatic weapons and instead rush the mob to engage in hand to hand combat?

In the midst of the big fight, Ollie, Diggle and Thea all take time out and have a conversation?

This season was a disappointment compared to the first three.

I agree with all of this (it's almost like you read my mind)...but I still want to like the show.

Felicity either has to go or turn evil or something because her character as it is currently being portrayed is as annoying as hell. I find myself feeling the same way about her that I have been feeling about Ray Palmer in Legends. I.E.: not minding if they got hit by any of the number of stray weapons that fly around in those two shows.

Arrow can still be good (hell, it could be great), but the writers/producers/show runner(s) are really going to need to step it up next season.

Yeah that was pretty sad finale. Totally ridiculous how Ollie just inspired a few citizens and he can then beat DD. Why is every superhero movie or show dealing with world-ending events. What happened to good old fashioned bank robberies! Arrow is a street fighter not a world saver. Damian and he fighting it out with fists to determine the fate of the world is just a little too much.

I hope they get done recents writers on these CW shows before they start getting cancelled. But then again they seem to be doing ok in spite of this. I do still very much enjoy watching them.

Apparently there will be a Gotham/Arrow crossover next season.

Arrow Season 5 Episode 2 Synopsis:

Oliver meets Bruce Wayne. Deathstroke escapes the Island. R'as AL Gaul escaped Death, Malcolm escaped Hive, and Damian Dhark escaped Star City.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5584142/?ref_=ttep_ep2

And don't forget Fish Mooney :sick:

Oh happy days . . .

Apparently there will be a Gotham/Arrow crossover next season.

Arrow Season 5 Episode 2 Synopsis:

Oliver meets Bruce Wayne. Deathstroke escapes the Island. R'as AL Gaul escaped Death, Malcolm escaped Hive, and Damian Dhark escaped Star City.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5584142/?ref_=ttep_ep2

And don't forget Fish Mooney :sick:

Oh happy days . . .

sorry are we sure this is a gotham crossover? or is he just meeting bruce wayne? Those aren't necessarily the same thing.

Not a crossover. Although Gotham has never stated its exact year the producers have stated that if Batman exists now (2016) this is before that. It is clear with the technology used, sets, cars, even the computers it is 1980s / early nineties.