• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

First Look At Mister Terrific, Wild Dog, And More Suited Up In ARROW Season 5 Set Photo

WXOaQry.png

Some new photos from the Vancouver set of Arrow have found their way online today, and as you can see below, they offer up a first look at Oliver Queen's new team of vigilantes.

Joining them is Wild Dog (Rick Gonzalez), a new vigilante in Star City whose reckless and cocksure nature prompts Green Arrow to take him under his wing. Then there's Evelyn Sharp (Madison McLaughlin) as Artemis, a character who previously appeared in Arrow as the new Black Canary. Curtis Holt (Echo Kellum) meanwhile has finally suited up as alter-ego Mister Terrific for season five.

NuYkr7u.jpg

I'm now half way into S3. Right from the beginning of S1, I've thought this is the "Batman version" of Green Arrow... Now, with Arsenal, it's the "Batman & Robin version" of Green Arrow & Speedy!

I'm now half way into S3. Right from the beginning of S1, I've thought this is the "Batman version" of Green Arrow... Now, with Arsenal, it's the "Batman & Robin version" of Green Arrow & Speedy!

I've started rewatching this series since I have Season 1 through 3 on DVD. Up to S1 Episode 5. Really liking it. But it is Season 2 that grabbed my attention. So I am excited to get to that point in the show.

I've started rewatching this series since I have Season 1 through 3 on DVD. Up to S1 Episode 5. Really liking it. But it is Season 2 that grabbed my attention. So I am excited to get to that point in the show.

S1 & S2 were great. Loved Deathstroke right up until the point he went bad. Who saw that coming...? (shrug);)

Great character development throughout both seasons. I did think they'd shot themselves in the foot though with certain tips of the hat to the comic. Like calling Thea "Speedy" then introducing Roy. And way too many Canaries ;)

S1 & S2 were great. Loved Deathstroke right up until the point he went bad. Who saw that coming...? (shrug);)

Great character development throughout both seasons. I did think they'd shot themselves in the foot though with certain tips of the hat to the comic. Like calling Thea "Speedy" then introducing Roy. And way too many Canaries ;)

I forgot how soon Slade Wilson shows up on Arrow. I'm up to Episode 14 where he is training Oliver to survive the airfield attack. It's so cool to see his future antagonist helping him to become the Green Arrow. Definitely a successful twist on the original comic book story.

:cloud9:

ARROW's 100th Episode to Feature Two Characters Returning from Beyond the Grave

As The CW preps to launch its superhero TV slate early this October, it’s worth mentioning that some milestone episodes are coming this year. Notably, Arrow‘s fifth season will see its 100th episode in just a few months, and the writing team has some special plans in store for this achievement.

The first, Jamey Sheridan a.k.a. Robert Queen, was revealed in a tweet from executive producer Marc Guggenheim during the assembled cast’s table read:

lSnZvsp.png

And though she doesn’t appear in that behind-the-scenes image, Katie Cassidy took to her own Facebook page to post an image of her own confirming that she will indeed be appearing in the 100th episode as well:

bF8AQom.png

Since Guggenheim said that there would be “No Flashpoint. No Flashbacks.” in his tweet, one can only assume that this crossover special will have something to do with the time-traveling members of the Legends of Tomorrow.

:ohnoez:

ARROW's 100th Episode to Feature Two Characters Returning from Beyond the Grave

As The CW preps to launch its superhero TV slate early this October, its worth mentioning that some milestone episodes are coming this year. Notably, Arrows fifth season will see its 100th episode in just a few months, and the writing team has some special plans in store for this achievement.

The first, Jamey Sheridan a.k.a. Robert Queen, was revealed in a tweet from executive producer Marc Guggenheim during the assembled casts table read:

lSnZvsp.png

And though she doesnt appear in that behind-the-scenes image, Katie Cassidy took to her own Facebook page to post an image of her own confirming that she will indeed be appearing in the 100th episode as well:

bF8AQom.png

Since Guggenheim said that there would be No Flashpoint. No Flashbacks. in his tweet, one can only assume that this crossover special will have something to do with the time-traveling members of the Legends of Tomorrow.

:ohnoez:

boooooo laurel

And now we know who the crossover BIG BAD is going to be for the four-show episode - the aliens from the Invasion mini series.

Villains For The Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow Crossover Revealed

invasion-crossover-202233.png

When Supergirl teams up with Green Arrow, The Flash, and the crew of the Waverider in December, they'll face a dangerous foe very familiar to fans of DC Comics.

The Dominators will be the "big bad" in the four-episode crossover event, The CW announced today.

Fans familiar with the aliens -- towering, with bright yellow skin and giant teeth -- may wonder just how many compromises producers will have to make to bring them to the screen in a way that looks good -- but according to producers, the answer is none at all.

"This year, for our mega 'Arrowverse' crossover, we’re taking inspiration from a DC crossover from the late 1980s known as Invasion!, which featured an alien race called the Dominators, who’d previously vexed the Legion of Superheroes," said Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim. "We’re using cutting edge prosthetics and computer effects to achieve a feature film-quality look which is faithful to Invasion! artist Todd McFarlane’s interpretation of the characters.”

I never thought anything good would come out of that mini series.

And now we know who the crossover BIG BAD is going to be for the four-show episode - the aliens from the Invasion mini series.

When Supergirl teams up with Green Arrow, The Flash, and the crew of the Waverider in December, they'll face a dangerous foe very familiar to fans of DC Comics.

The Dominators will be the "big bad" in the four-episode crossover event, The CW announced today.

Fans familiar with the aliens -- towering, with bright yellow skin and giant teeth -- may wonder just how many compromises producers will have to make to bring them to the screen in a way that looks good -- but according to producers, the answer is none at all.

"This year, for our mega 'Arrowverse' crossover, we’re taking inspiration from a DC crossover from the late 1980s known as Invasion!, which featured an alien race called the Dominators, who’d previously vexed the Legion of Superheroes," said Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim. "We’re using cutting edge prosthetics and computer effects to achieve a feature film-quality look which is faithful to Invasion! artist Todd McFarlane’s interpretation of the characters.”

i forgot about it

i forgot about it

Hopefully this turns out solid.

:wishluck:

Arrow's Diggle Reveals New Helmet

john-diggle-helmet-1-202870.jpg

The newest season preview of The CW's upcoming slate features an up-close look at all of the shows. When the camera lands on Diggle, his helmet has received a slick redesign. The helmet is more modern and less bulky than the original one, and now it sports a translucent red visor across it. You can view the helmet at the 0.19-second mark.

In addition to Diggle's updated helmet, fans are also treated to a few glimpses of Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, and a few of the Legends of Tomorrow sharing the screen together. It was recently announced that all four shows will be crossing over later this year in an episode titled Invasion!

Arrow Season 5 Premiere Will Feature Vigilante Easter Egg By George Perez

Taking to Twitter, the executive producer posted a photo of a police sketch drawn by George Pérez. The artist, who acted as the original penciler for Vigilante in 1983, created the easter egg for the Season 5 premiere of Arrow.

2BhZWNX.png

Of course, fans already knew Vigilante would be coming to Arrow. News broke that the character has joined the show in June when Deadline reported Josh Segarra had nabbed the role.

The actor will be playing Adrian Chase, just one of many who have taken up the moniker of Vigilante. Created by Marv Wolfmann, the character debuted in New Teen Titans as a brutal vigilante seeking justice after his family was murdered by the mob. The CW has described the Chase as “Star City’s new district attorney” who allies with Mayor Oliver Queen. The character will “clean up the streets through the legal system,” and eventually start knocking heads later in the season.

Anyone else feel like the special effects this season have decreased in quality substantially?

OK. Glad it wasn't just me that noticed. Feel like they pumped more money into The Flash.