• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Zaid speaks at University of Miami

16 posts in this topic

Shout out to my good friend Mark Zaid who gave a wonderful presentation last night at the University of Miami School of Law on the topic of comics and the law, and how to deal with the media. The students seemed very interested in the Siegel and Shuster litigation. Mark had just enough time to also present golden and silver age comics with sexual innuendos on the covers. It s also exciting to know that the comic book exhibit Mark showcased at Yale last year will be at UM Law this fall.

Interesting; I'd like to hear more about this. Comics (Golden Age of course) as pertains to the law, as well as to other aspects of modern society...all the way into the bedroom. Perhaps later I will expound on the latter, but I will wait to see what others have to say.

Thanks to Sardo for helping set up the talk! It was a ton of fun. :applause:

We are really excited to set up an exhibit for the Fall semester and I will also go back down to deliver another lecture.

For those who are interested, here is a video of the lecture I delivered at Yale Law School in September 2010 on "Superheroes in Court! Lawyers, Law and Comic Books".

Yale Law School Comic Book Lecture

Here is the NYT's article on the exhibit:

NYT's Article

And here are images of many of the books that were on display:

Yale Law School Comic Book Exhibit

Thanks to Sardo for helping set up the talk! It was a ton of fun. :applause:

We are really excited to set up an exhibit for the Fall semester and I will also go back down to deliver another lecture.

For those who are interested, here is a video of the lecture I delivered at Yale Law School in September 2010 on "Superheroes in Court! Lawyers, Law and Comic Books".

Yale Law School Comic Book Lecture

Here is the NYT's article on the exhibit:

NYT's Article

And here are images of many of the books that were on display:

Yale Law School Comic Book Exhibit

Very cool, Mark! :applause:

For anyone who is interested and missed this last event, I'll be speaking again at the University of Miami Law School on Monday, October 1, 2012 at 6 pm. This time I am also curating an exhibit similar to the one I coordinated at Yale Law School.

If you are interested in attending, let me know!

I attended last night's presentation by Mark at the University of Miami School of Law, and it was both informative and entertaining. It's rare for any lawyer to keep 40+ law students, plus several other attendees, fully engaged for over an hour the way Mark did. Also had the opportunity at the event to meet and chat with my dear, sweet brother Numsie, Sardo Numspa.

Nice job putting the displays at the foyer of the UM School of Law library for all the law students and other visitors to see throughout the semester.

Miami-20121001-00273.jpg

Here is the video of my lecture on "Superheroes in the Courtroom: Law, Lawyers & Comic Books" that was delivered at the University of Miami Law School on October 1, 2012. Unfortunately my mic was obviously set too close to me and the last 10-12 minutes of the extra segment I presented was not captured on film but still a lot fun. Hope you enjoy it!!

Lecture on "Superheroes in the Courtroom: Law, Lawyers & Comic Books"

I attended last night's presentation by Mark at the University of Miami School of Law, and it was both informative and entertaining. It's rare for any lawyer to keep 40+ law students, plus several other attendees, fully engaged for over an hour the way Mark did. Also had the opportunity at the event to meet and chat with my dear, sweet brother Numsie, Sardo Numspa.

Nice job putting the displays at the foyer of the UM School of Law library for all the law students and other visitors to see throughout the semester.

Miami-20121001-00273.jpg

Great meeting you as well. Good times.