• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Sale For One Of Our Own

158 posts in this topic

Mr Mylar & Force Majeure have generously donated the following sketches. $250 each. Books are currently being graded at CGC (fingers crossed they're 9.8s)

Magneto_htolibao.jpg

A Mico Suayan WW2 Cap sketch CGC 9.6 has also been donated by Mr Mylar. Pic & price to follow.

Thanks Mike & Jun!

I didn't have to look far.

:takeit:

Mr Mylar & Force Majeure have generously donated the following sketches. $250 each. Books are currently being graded at CGC (fingers crossed they're 9.8s)

Magneto_htolibao.jpg

A Mico Suayan WW2 Cap sketch CGC 9.6 has also been donated by Mr Mylar. Pic & price to follow.

Thanks Mike & Jun!

I didn't have to look far.

:takeit:

:applause:

star_trek_1_marv_ss98_006.jpg

As per our PM :takeit:

Wow, what a book. That's had my nerdy juices flowing since it was posted.

Congrats on that one. (worship)

ATributeToMichaelTurner.jpg

$400

Thank you Jason Truong

In a way, this is very similar to what George stated with the Star Trek book he put up. With the new rule of submitting after each show/signing for grading, it'll be expensive to do another multi-signature book. This one has 12 signature, with 9 of those including sketches. For those that don't know, here is a list of who signed/sketched, and who just signed.

Signed & Sketches by Gary Frank, Billy Tucci, Buzz, Brandon Peterson, Andy Smith, Chris Moreno, Joe Benitez, Francis Manapul, Agnes Garbowska. Signed by Joe Quesada, Christina Strain, Dan Didio.

I am willing to listen to offers through PM, if you are considering this one.

:news: Price drop + bonus. $350 OBO, and I'll cover the shipping to anywhere in Canada or the US. I'll even add in some miscellaneous Aspen books (raw signed & unsigned).

can you confirm or deny that the Mystery Box SS has a half naked girl on the cover (i'd rather it didn't).

No half naked girls as far as I know will be a part of this. Believe me, who ever gets this will get a ton of books.

We would like to donate a CGC SS 9.6 Grimm Fairy Tales #57 Belinda variant. It is signed by Joe Brusha, Nei Ruffino, and Eric 'Ebas' Basaldua. There is also a small sketch done by Ebas. Asking $175.

9c6aeb53.jpg

This book was originally purchased from Jay Company Comics for $100 and submitted to CGC at Wondercon last April. It came back a blue label 9.8.

When my fiancee and I decided to 'road trip it' 12 hours to Phoenix from the SF Bay area to the Phoenix Comic Con (we REALLY wanted to get our Chews signed by Rob and John!) we brought it along to add Ebas and Nei's (and Joe Brusha's) signatures to it.

Understand we both worked the night we embarked on our journey and left for Phoenix right after work. Neither one of us could sleep on the way there (Monster has that effect). So, we arrived in Phoenix just in time to stand in line for only about a half hour before going into the event. Note: we are teetering on the edge of delirium as we walk in from lack of sleep and the various side effects of the many energy drinks that helped fuel our voyage.

We scamper over to the CGC booth with the intention of submitting our books and heading strait to the hotel for some shut eye but when we learn that John Layman and Rob Guillory are at there booths signing books, we instead head to their booth to meet them and get our books signed in person.

Two booths down was Eric 'ebas' Basaldua with a sign stating he was feeling under the weather. So I thought, why not grab my 9.8 from CGC and have him draw a sketch on it for me, on the butt (high five!). So we did. Unfortunately, he got sidetracked in conversation after starting the sketch and we ended up leaving and asked a CGC witness to stand watch and submit the book for us so we could go get some shut eye before having to drive 12 hours back to the Bay Area.

This is what came back from CGC. Hey, I'm as shocked as you. He was apparently feeling under the weather, according to his sign, so maybe he called in sick for the rest of the sketch. I dunno but one thing I do know is Ebas is an awesome artist with super clean lines and an eye for drawing a proper ba-dunk-a-dunk and that's his autograph and his sketch on one of his most popular and well known covers he's ever drawn. I paid $100 + blue label fee (plus shipping and insurance) +yellow label fee (+ ship & ins.). This is a good cause, funerals aren't cheap...

How about $150 plus shipping?

Arjun,

I'm at work right now but offhand I know there's all the stuff from Ben (GoldenGuardian), a Danger Girl 9.9, a Mica sketch, an ASM 252 reprint, Civil War, Daredevil, some of my Turner and Campbell raw signed books and the WD IMAGE Expo variants.

I'll be posting a few more books for sale tonight but if anyone else wants to donate a book please feel free to do so directly on this thread as I have limited capabilities from my phone all day today.

Guys and gals, you should be proud of yourselves. Even with the fraction of boardies who participated in this sales thread we have already made approx $3k. I would love to hit the $5k mark so if you could help spread the word it would be greatly appreciated. Even if you can't afford to buy a book a donation of $5-10 goes a long way.

I am truly amazed at what we can accomplish when we come together.

Will