• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cutting Up A Copy of Fantastic Four 2

20 posts in this topic

Yeah, this definitely freaks me out...

It’s all part of a demonstration that Shaky is making, to create cut-up comics, taking a barrative then ripping it apart and reassembling it in new ways. Which is just what the creative team of David Hine and Shaky Kane have done for the fourth issue of Bulletproof Coffin: Disinterred from Image Comics. Here is a preview of almost the entire issue in cut up form…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/03/cutting-up-a-copy-of-fantastic-four-2-with-scissors/

124313.jpg.82753841700e84ff1c8f87d800122515.jpg

I've heard there's this newfangled invention called a color photostat machine that will actually make a very close reproduction of the very thing that you choose to make a duplicate of. It supposedly reproduces pictures AND words AT THE SAME TIME.

It's quite the invention. I'm not sure if it will catch on, though.

That wouldn't be "edgy" enough for these avant garde douchecranks.

True. I've been in several shows with these kinds of douchecranks, and the only thing that is more dismaying than seeing that comic cut up is imagining what it would be like to have to listen to that idlot explain why he's doing it.

That wouldn't be "edgy" enough for these avant garde douchecranks.

True. I've been in several shows with these kinds of douchecranks, and the only thing that is more dismaying than seeing that comic cut up is imagining what it would be like to have to listen to that idlot explain why he's doing it.

He drinks like a girl.

Ice in his JD.

:facepalm:

imagining what it would be like to have to listen to that idlot explain why he's doing it.

I like him to explain where he bought that wretched ing shirt and why its buttoned at the top. That tells me all I need to know about him. :facepalm:

I don't get it (shrug)???(shrug)

There's two ways to sell your artistic endeavors:

1. Be immensely talented that the average work-a-day person can recognize it and places value upon it based on the perceived craftsmanship and mastery of the medium that was required to create it.

or

2. Have some sort of "gimmick" or some long, blathering self-important philosophy that convinces people who are easily persuaded that the value of what you have created can only be quantified by what other people think of it - not by what it actually is.

I'm not going to subject my braincells to this guy's "artistic expression" so, I'm going to have to guess he falls into category number two.

imagining what it would be like to have to listen to that idlot explain why he's doing it.

I like him to explain where he bought that wretched ing shirt and why its buttoned at the top. That tells me all I need to know about him. :facepalm:

I swear you just beat me to the punch on this. I hate the buttoned to the top look on shirts like this. Trying to be a hipster in Old Navy is so ironic.