• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay sigh check this out I am the "OREGON COLLECTION"

667 posts in this topic

To people still reading this thread, I was completely honest with him, if I was trying to be dishonest, I wouldn't have told him about this forum and thread. I don't know what point he was trying to make but they are completely invalid. I don't try to rip people off. I was trying to get rid of a collection of books I didn't want anymore so I tried everything I could to entice people to buy them. I bought different key issues and that didn't work so I decided that since I kept reading posts on craigslist from people wanting to buy WD's I decided that I would buy them and try to sell the books as a lot. It was mostly Fantastic Four and I don't collect FF. Earlier in this thread I said this was an expensive learning experience and it was. So much in fact that I am selling WD issues on ebay for cover price. I want to build a good reputation in the community and having this guy claim I tried to overprice these is completely bogus. I don't know, but I think WD 1-95 (minus 20-23, 26-28 and 30) plus incredible hulk 180(cgc 7.0) 181(cgc 6.5) and 182(cgc 8.0) for 3300 was fair.

To people still reading this thread, I was completely honest with him, if I was trying to be dishonest, I wouldn't have told him about this forum and thread. I don't know what point he was trying to make but they are completely invalid. I don't try to rip people off. I was trying to get rid of a collection of books I didn't want anymore so I tried everything I could to entice people to buy them. I bought different key issues and that didn't work so I decided that since I kept reading posts on craigslist from people wanting to buy WD's I decided that I would buy them and try to sell the books as a lot. It was mostly Fantastic Four and I don't collect FF. Earlier in this thread I said this was an expensive learning experience and it was. So much in fact that I am selling WD issues on ebay for cover price. I want to build a good reputation in the community and having this guy claim I tried to overprice these is completely bogus. I don't know, but I think WD 1-95 (minus 20-23, 26-28 and 30) plus incredible hulk 180(cgc 7.0) 181(cgc 6.5) and 182(cgc 8.0) for 3300 was fair.

(thumbs u

How much do you want for the Hulk 181 6.5?

No worries. :foryou:

Not only that, I suspect you could sell that chunk of books in the sales forum pretty quickly.

Not only that, I suspect you could sell that chunk of books in the sales forum pretty quickly.

Indeed. Zarduzi- duzi of a board name by the way- the boards is probably your best bet to sell the decent books in the collection.

My brother is a psychologist in Atlanta and my cousin knows some bounty hunters in Atlanta. Just throwing that out there.

I'm watching Real Housewives of Atlanta. Does that count. (shrug)

How much do you want for the Hulk 181 6.5?

I was talked into keeping it this past weekend at a comic convention. This guy told me that some collectors want the Mark Jeweler insert and that it might become more valuable and when the wife heard that I was forbidden to sell it.

Indeed. Zarduzi- duzi of a board name by the way- the boards is probably your best bet to sell the decent books in the collection.

I was thinking about that but since my friend and I are getting destroyed by finals coming up, I don't have his help in grading and wouldn't feel right with pricing these issues since there are some things wrong with them and I think board members want 9.2-9.4 or whatever and I can't grade that precise yet, at least not in the 9's. I figure, scan the book and post it on ebay.