• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which summer movie will be the highest grossing film of 2012?

Which summer movie will win the box office of 2012?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. Which summer movie will win the box office of 2012?

174 posts in this topic

I think three movies will be huge.

Spider-Man

Avengers

Dark Knight Rises

Superhero "group" movies tend not to do well...I think the world is a little tired of Spidey and I don't think DKR will live up to the previous movie---also considering the problems encountered with the one scene I've seen.

Sorry to be hatin'---but I expect mediocre showings for all three relative to previous releases.

Hunger Games will top them all -- and will probably still be playing when summer officially (June 21) rolls around.

+1

I can see "Dark Knight" grossing higher than "Hunger Games", but that`s about it.

It will be "John Carter". They will rename it to "John Carter of Mars" add an additional 10 minutes to the movie sparking world wide interest and then it will do the unthinkable...out sell Avatar and Titantic "combined" during it's run. Lines will form at sun up.

...seriously...The Dark Knight Rises is my best bet for tops in Box Office sales.. The Hunger Games could sneek into the Top-5/6 with a little luck.

It's getting close to the first summer movie of the year (The Avengers :banana: )

So,I think we should vote on who's going to be the highest grossing summer film of 2012 :cool:

Let the voting begin :popcorn:

My moneys on Avengers,Batman will disappoint at the box office compared to the Heath Ledger Joker film,while the Spiderman reboot will be the lowest of the 4 Spider-man movies box office wise.

They all could be great films, but that doesn`t mean anything if mainstream people have grown tired of superheroes!

Hunger Games will top them all -- and will probably still be playing when summer officially (June 21) rolls around.

+1

I can see "Dark Knight" grossing higher than "Hunger Games", but that`s about it.

I thought Hunger Games was a weak movie.

I think three movies will be huge.

Spider-Man

Avengers

Dark Knight Rises

Superhero "group" movies tend not to do well...I think the world is a little tired of Spidey and I don't think DKR will live up to the previous movie---also considering the problems encountered with the one scene I've seen.

Sorry to be hatin'---but I expect mediocre showings for all three relative to previous releases.

+1

Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers

Spider-Man

Twilight makes a ton of money in its opening weekend, but then fades quickly. I think the other movies will have more staying power.

+1

The second movie is already being talked about.

X-Men Sequel Makes Room For 'Hunger Games 2'

+1

The second movie is already being talked about.

X-Men Sequel Makes Room For 'Hunger Games 2'

I know. I don't get it.

My 15 year old daughter thought it was better than Twilight, though.

Just back from seeing the Hunger Games at 2:40 on a Friday afternoon. Realizing this is a semi-holiday, but the 500 seat theater was sold out. Hunger Games will be the biggest grossing movie in quite some time.

Oh, and I thought the movie was excellent. Got a little dusty in that room when Rue died.