• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which summer movie will be the highest grossing film of 2012?

Which summer movie will win the box office of 2012?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. Which summer movie will win the box office of 2012?

174 posts in this topic

Really? From all of the trailers I have seen. It seems obvious to me that the DKR is kind of lame, and the Avengers appears to be AWESOME.

For DKR, trust in the excellence of Christopher Nolan.

Really? From all of the trailers I have seen. It seems obvious to me that the DKR is kind of lame, and the Avengers appears to be AWESOME.

For DKR, trust in the excellence of Christopher Nolan.

The average person hasn't heard of the Avengers but EVERYONE knows Batman so that will take it over the line I think. I can't wait for both and I think the Avengers movie will be brilliant.

Hunger Games will top them all -- and will probably still be playing when summer officially (June 21) rolls around.

+1

I can see "Dark Knight" grossing higher than "Hunger Games", but that`s about it.

I thought Hunger Games was a weak movie.

Did the title of this thread just magically change from "highest grossing film" to "highest critically rated film"?

No. :makepoint:

Just back from seeing the Hunger Games at 2:40 on a Friday afternoon. Realizing this is a semi-holiday, but the 500 seat theater was sold out. Hunger Games will be the biggest grossing movie in quite some time.

Oh, and I thought the movie was excellent. Got a little dusty in that room when Rue died.

Notwithstanding your anecdotal experience, its 2nd week grosses were less than half of its first week, thus falling short under the immutable half life rule that separates the run of the mill blockbusters from the juggernaut blockbusters.

Still, it`s a long weekend so maybe its grosses in the 3rd week could fall less than 50% from the 2nd week, in which case it could have some serious legs.

Hunger Games will top them all -- and will probably still be playing when summer officially (June 21) rolls around.

+1

I can see "Dark Knight" grossing higher than "Hunger Games", but that`s about it.

Did the title of this thread just magically change from "highest grossing film" to "highest critically rated film"?

I just can't figure out what makes the movie so great to some people.

Go back to kicking noob's puppies now.

+1

The core audience for "Hunger Games" isn`t the most critically discerning in the world. Just a few years ago, their favorite movie was "High School Musical".

Anyways, I have a hard time accepting criticism of this movie from someone who liked "Transformers" and "Thor".

I never kick noobs` puppies, just the noobs themselves.

+1

The core audience for "Hunger Games" isn`t the most critically discerning in the world. Just a few years ago, their favorite movie was "High School Musical".

Anyways, I have a hard time accepting criticism of this movie from someone who liked "Transformers" and "Thor".

I never kick noobs` puppies, just the noobs themselves.

O snap! and WTF?? Thor was fantastic!!!