• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1 on ebay - Fishy?

15 posts in this topic

Boardies,

What do you think? Small scans. Seller says back cover is real, whereas restoration paperwork says reproduction. Seller says that he bought the comic book as a 15 year old.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1-1940-Beautiful-Book-Pristine-High-Grade-/280862059590?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4164aeec46

Interesting price point.

You guys remember the Batman 1 CGC 6.0 restored that was up for auction with 0 feedback seller ( Earlier Batman discussion thread )...

Well, I'd emailed that fellow asking for more pictures - he emailed back and shared that it was no longer for sale on Ebay, but he'd gladly sell it to me privately for, guess how much...

$4,700...

Of course, he was in Spain! and needed the money ASAP! and, well, that's the end of that dialogue...

Same fellow?

it is 100% fraud.

It is about as real as Hulk 1 that another boardie bought on Ebay last month.

Is that the one that sold for $10K and the buyer received a box of paper in the mail?

Hopefully, Paypal buyer guarantee covered the loss and the buyer got his funds returned.

Boardies,

What do you think? Small scans. Seller says back cover is real, whereas restoration paperwork says reproduction. Seller says that he bought the comic book as a 15 year old.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1-1940-Beautiful-Book-Pristine-High-Grade-/280862059590?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4164aeec46

What, one copy isn't enough for you? :baiting:

Hey BOM, how're you doing? :hi:

Boardies,

Hi Whizzer,

A collector can never own enough copies of Batman #1. Unfortunately, the number of mountebanks outnumber the number of real sellers. I feel like I am being conned into playing a :censored: game of three card monte when I buy off eBay.

Boardies,

Hi Whizzer,

A collector can never own enough copies of Batman #1. Unfortunately, the number of mountebanks outnumber the number of real sellers. I feel like I am being conned into playing a :censored: game of three card monte when I buy off eBay.

Word

Boardies,

Why would a teenager buying an expensive #1 GA key be fishy? Isn't this how the King of Comics got crowned?

Boardies,

Why would a teenager buying an expensive #1 GA key be fishy? Isn't this how the King of Comics got crowned?

The only crown he has is the one he got at Burger king