• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the Action Comics #1 of other hobbies?

178 posts in this topic

1954 Superman Lunch Box

1954-superman-lunchbox.jpg

Embarrassingly, I had a Gentle Ben lunch box through my elementary years :banana::preach:

another nice one!

If anyone else is in a particular hobby, please chime in agreement if you "second" someone's opinion/assessment... Im curious which ones are consensus and which hobbies dont have a consensus Action #1...

I would think Hendrix would be more of a grail since he died so young and signed fewer things (one would assume) than Elvis over the course of his career.

:roflmao:lol:roflmao:lol:roflmao:

( :gossip: coming from a super fan, I'm suspect)

As far as Rock and Roll autographs,this is the holy grail.

sandiegocomiccon2011301.jpg

:takeit: for $500,000,000 USD

:cloud9:

OK OK...you drive a hard bargain :frustrated: ...1 Trillion. It's worth about that much....

lol Well for you I could let it go for that,but only because your an Elvis fan too!

Vintage paperbacks:

Pocket Books (no-number, pre-#1), "The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck, 1st edition, 1938. 2,300 copies distributed. Maybe a dozen or so known to exist today. $10,000+.

Rare Books (overall):

A 1st printing of the Gutenberg Bible. Though a first series Shakespeare Folio might also be a good candidate.

American first editions:

"Tamerlane" by "A Bostonian" (Edgar Allan Poe). Fewer than 20 known copies.

Looks like the Double Telescoping Vader is the Action #1 of Star Wars Action Figures

DTVader.jpg

really??? Does that beat out carded Anakin Skywalker POTF-85???

I've been out of toy collecting for awhile, and that was the grail when I was in.

hm

Looks like the Double Telescoping Vader is the Action #1 of Star Wars Action Figures

DTVader.jpg

I've been out of toy collecting for awhile, and that was the grail when I was in.

hm

I thought the Jawa Figure was #1

The Godzilla Go Cart is a model kit put out by Aurora. It is pretty much unseen on ebay, I never heard of anyone I know that actually owns one. They say its worth $3500 last I heard. I would like to own it ;)

http://www.doncapone.org/modelkits/Godzillas-Go-Cart.php

mess! My uncle DEFINITELY owned one of those. When i was a little kid, i always wanted to play with it and he would never let me touch it. He was kind of the black sheep of the family and committed suicide like 10 years ago. All of his stuff went to my moms sister. I know she sold a ton of old playboys he had but i never heard about this and had completely forgotten about it. I dont think he still had it when he died hm

DTVader.jpg

hm

I thought the Jawa Figure was #1

Do prototypes count? I thought some of those brought huge money?