• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the Action Comics #1 of other hobbies?

178 posts in this topic

10. Comic fanzine

hm

alterego001.jpg

...or maybe this? hm

Siegel and Shuster story in Science Fiction: The Advance Guard of Future Civilization #3 (June 1933)

Reign_of_the_Superman.jpg

Not a fanzine. A grail, nonetheless!

10. Comic fanzine

hm

alterego001.jpg

...or maybe this? hm

Siegel and Shuster story in Science Fiction: The Advance Guard of Future Civilization #3 (June 1933)

Reign_of_the_Superman.jpg

Not a fanzine. A grail, nonetheless!

Sure it is! It's just not a comics fanzine...

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=752&lotNo=50590

For movie posters is it still the "international" copy of Fritz Lange's Metropolis ?

I believe so... (thumbs u

I suspect the 6 sheet Frankenstein owned by Fishler (Metropolis Comics) might give it some competition.

Stamps:

Post Office Mauritius, 1847

$3.8 million at auction

I would suggest that's a very interesting series but the British 1cent Guiana has almost mythical status and remains unique despite a century of notoriety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Guiana_1c_magenta

British_Guiana_13.jpg

Nice car: Bugatti-57-SC-Atlantic-Coupe-1938

Ralph-Lauren-Bugatti-57-SC-Atlantic-Coupe-1938.jpg

Stamps:

Post Office Mauritius, 1847

$3.8 million at auction

I would suggest that's a very interesting series but the British 1cent Guiana has almost mythical status and remains unique despite a century of notoriety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Guiana_1c_magenta

British_Guiana_13.jpg

And it served as the "MacGuffin" of the wonderful Donald Duck story "The Gilded Man "

Okay; current 'holy grail' of Lego collecting? Note I said current. I love the Lego Star Wars line, but there has to be other much more desirable Lego sets or items...

Thoughts?

It's gotta be the Cloud City Playset :cloud9:

Jim

Cloud City? What about the Millenium Falcon-UCS? This is still selling for a large amount. The new Death Star is over produced in my opinion; as it has been on the market since 2007/08. This will rise in price, but not by the same amount as the Millenium Falcon; as too many were made and hoarded. I have five sitting my storage unit unopened. I got them for $359.95 shipped during the holiday season.

Anything vintage selling well in Lego? I buy a TON of this stuff at yard sales, etc; but do NOT have the time to go through it all. I make a ton of money off the vintage instruction manuals.

Respectfully,

'mint'

Second most valuable watch in the world

Patek Philippe’s Supercomplication: $11 million

Most expensive is a monstrosity called 201-carat Chopard: $25 million

Made of 15 carat pink diamond, 12 carat blue diamond and 11 carat white diamond. In addition there’s 163 carat diamond surrounded by white and yellow, so that is a total of 201 carat, the name of the watch.

124719.jpg.ecda8fd90845b075c7e8f43198e9cea9.jpg

I collect wooden "Indian exercise Club" items (yeah, I know, weird thing to collect).

Indian clubs were an exercise craze about 125 years ago and have nothing to do with American Indians.

Gus Hill was the greatest Club Swinging Champion of all time. I always thought a "holy grail" item in my hobby would be the giant championship medal he won in 1882.

One day I was on ebay and saw it. The seller didn't have a clue as to what it was.

Here's a pic of Gus Hill. In the middle of his shirt is the Medal. On the right is the real thing. Pretty cool.

btw... if you have any unique indian club items let me know. I'll buy them.

P1050733.jpg

WTF lol

That's awesome. So is that the medal Gus won and then passed on to another winner or a medal the winner received at an annual competition or something else? This is definitely the most unique thing on the thread and pretty cool imo.