• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Spinner Racks
1 1

204 posts in this topic

Anyone in Arizona looking for one...

http://arizona.thecollectibleshopper.com/collectibles/vintage-comic-book-rack-amp-comics.html

Finding one of this in Calgary is awful.

I was able to find a couple decent ones in Montreal, but no one seems to like to ship.

vintage-comic-book-rack-amp-comics_qxpg4.jpg

That's cool!

I have the standalone version of this spinner, and if this wasn't so far from where I live, I'd make an offer on it.

The standalone of this particular rack is one of the coolest standalone's. The ho-hum graphics on the topper is overcompensated by its function, as the two row, twenty pocket standard on the standalone version of this rack has side pockets for digests. I use it for Archie's and Harvey's.

Anyone in Arizona looking for one...

http://arizona.thecollectibleshopper.com/collectibles/vintage-comic-book-rack-amp-comics.html

Finding one of this in Calgary is awful.

I was able to find a couple decent ones in Montreal, but no one seems to like to ship.

vintage-comic-book-rack-amp-comics_qxpg4.jpg

That's cool!

I have the standalone version of this spinner, and if this wasn't so far from where I live, I'd make an offer on it.

The standalone of this particular rack is one of the coolest standalone's. The ho-hum graphics on the topper is overcompensated by its function, as the two row, twenty pocket standard on the standalone version of this rack has side pockets for digests. I use it for Archie's and Harvey's.

I like it, but the seller wont ship, is pick up only. Rather far for me to go ...

Well after reading this I did a craigslist search and found a magazine spinner for $50. Says it holds 8.5x11 paper or magazines. How does that sound? Looks modern and plain in the pic.

Sounds like that would hold GA size books, are you sure it's a modern rack?

found a new spinner rack-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Box-Spin-Rack-Comic-Books-32-Pockets-/110834876214?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7287381500386203914#ht_500wt_1363

but pockets seem to small for cgc

DAM

:o

I made a $10 offer on it to send them a mesage as they have mesages turned off and it turns out they dont sell to canada ! So now way of me asking them if they havee a larger rack ??

:insane:

Edited by gyro-1

Anyone have a spinner rack comic topper, I have a magazine / slab sized spinner rack but it could use a nice comic related logo top?

Any extras kicking around pm me

Thanks

Greg

I keep an eye out for these and finally came into one last year. I can offer an opinion on what can be done with yours if you post a picture, as the design and seating of a topper can be a little more complicated than it might seem. In my case, luckily the topper I bought fit on one of the six racks I own.

Here's the spinner rack can't really see the top. But its just square i am crafty enough to get something to fit. If I really had to i have a buddy who welds

029.jpg[/img]

Looks great! It doesn't look like you'll have any problems mounting a topper on yours, but to attach it properly, you may need to do some welding. The toppers have some weight to them, and the last thing you want is for it to drop on the books and scratch or crack a slab.

For your particular rack, the 4-sided "Comics" rack showing Archie, Richie Rich, Spider-Man and Superman on the tin is the best match, as the metal wiring on this type is usually black just like your rack. May take awhile to find, but that's the way I'd go.

It doesn't spin, but here is a picture of the rack I picked up a few years back for $20. Right now it is in my daughter's playroom and holding her comics.

SAM_0006.jpg

That's the standalone variation to the HEY!! KIDS COMICS spinner that has been pictured in this thread. The "Best in Comics" signage used on the standalone is just one of the 5 slogans used on the topper for the pentagon shaped spinner version.

I have the exact same one as yours. As cool as the spinners are, the standalones are much more difficult to find, and I have a real soft spot for them.

Picked this up today from a friend who also owns a small comic shop. Picture sucks because it is in the storage room in the basement until I can get it cleaned up.

1be94965.jpg

I have one of those as well. Is there a topper of any sort on yours? Mine doesn't have one, but I can't tell if it is supposed to have one or not.