• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Spinner Racks
1 1

204 posts in this topic

Well I snapped this up at the flea market yesterday, heck it dont spin, but For $20, I just had to have it. I plan to fill it with dollar books and throw it out side at my store. Should be an eye catcher :wishluck:Picture144.jpg

Edited by Junkdrawer

Well I snapped this up at the flea market yesterday, heck it dont spin, but For $20, I just had to have it. I plan to fill it with dollar books and throw it out side at my store. Should be an eye catcher :wishluck:Picture144.jpg

Nice buy :applause:

Nice! Get ready for the offers to buy the rack to come pouring in... I get at least a handful of people asking whenever I use them at shows.

So today I could not wait to fill up the rack and set it outfront of my shop. A man came in with his daughter and bought 3 books, and 2 other guys stopped in a different times and each bought a book. Not bad only $5 in sales, but without this rack I can guarantee it would have been $0. I am so excited about the rack and how it created 3 new comic book buyers for my shop. :banana:photo.jpg

So today I could not wait to fill up the rack and set it outfront of my shop. A man came in with his daughter and bought 3 books, and 2 other guys stopped in a different times and each bought a book. Not bad only $5 in sales, but without this rack I can guarantee it would have been $0. I am so excited about the rack and how it created 3 new comic book buyers for my shop. :banana:photo.jpg

It's all about presentation.

I still seek one of these.

Is a guy that is semi local to me ( he lives in the same province ) but it is a 3 and a half hour drive to his location.

I am not willing to drive all the way there and then back and I am not getting an awesome deal on the rack he has.

He wont ship it.

Shipping is costly on such a large cumbersome item

Great thread about the spinner racks! I used to remember seeing them in the grocery stores where I had went to as a kid. Alway loved to spin the rack and let my eyes wander over the comics until I stopped the rack to target the one comic i want to pick. Ahh these good memories... at the time the comics were at retial price for 20-25 cents.

That's how far back I was reading comics and still am today. Now having seen the pictures - I want to hunt for a spinner rack to put in my room and throw in some reader comics in racks! :)

Lucky I have my U.S. shipping address account so I wouldn't have any problem on shipping issues. I'm now in Alberta but will be moving back to B.C. in a few months.

Here's one for sale right now in my state.

Guy just lowered his price $50 too

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/atq/3464178117.html

Is that black stand original? It looks too short to me. Didn't the stand go all the way to the top of the rack?

Says in the ad that he repainted the center stand.

It's the same rack as the one at the top of the page(minus top rack) and it looks like that center piece is only supposed to go up that far.

I might email the guy and see if he's coming to the cities anytime soon.

I'd give him $100 for it and then probably refinish the whole thing.

I wasn't interested at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be cool to have.

I originally thought my stand, which is a variation of the one the fellow on Craig's List has, was from the early 50s because of the Fawcett mention. The company left comics with the Captain Marvel-Superman settlement in 1954. But I forgot that Fawcett did continue to publish comic digests and you can see on my rack that the reference to the company, as well as to Peanuts, is to the upper slots which were for digests. So, both racks are likely from the late 60s, maybe early 70s.

I probably overpaid for mine but they are not that easy to find (although they are around) and more importantly, as most people mention, being able to actually physically pick it up or have it shipped is the biggest problem. The one I just bought was local to me and it was easy to just drive over and pick it up. I bought another one up in NJ for just $75 and it is going to cost $150 to ship it!!!!