• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,886 posts in this topic

Not sure if this the right thread for this but didn't want to start a new one.

Really more of a foreign price variant but, anyway, wanted to know if it is slightly more valuable than the traditional copy? Or not?

5mG7Z.jpg

Edited by Sa'm al Ghul

Really more of a foreign price variant but, anyway, wanted to know if it is slightly more valuable than the traditional copy? Or not?

5mG7Z.jpg

I would really liket see someone do a 361 "set"...this copy I had never seen before; to me, this is as foreign as the the other ones, I wonder if it has different advertizements.... hm

Chespirito...me enamore de tu "gif"...quien es?...(I fall in love your "gif"...who is she?

She's an Australian track and field runner... So I live closest to her! :acclaim:

My new hypothetical love....Michelle Jenneke ... :luhv:

5mG7Z.jpg

I would really liket see someone do a 361 "set"...this copy I had never seen before; to me, this is as foreign as the the other ones, I wonder if it has different advertizements.... hm

I've actually been working on a set of this issue, I don't have this Australian issue! I will be on the lookout for it.

I just discover this great article, good work!

I am from Canada, Québec, and first discover as a kid the Marvel super heros via our french comics reprint of American comics. I must say that the french translation were ... strange sometime to be polite :P

I stop collecting them in high school. Several years later I got back into collecting comics but this time I were interrested by the original in english. The french one, publish in Québec were long gone by now. The publisher (Héritage) having stop printing them and close shop.

Not too long ago, french comics begin to get popular again. And so I decide to also try to get some of them. I even created a website / forum for french comics collector:

Comics Héritage

It mostly remind me of my childhood, but I still prefer the original over a reprint. But these are fun to collect. To date I got the full run of "Le Puissant Thor, "Les Vengeurs" and "Le docteur Strange" :)

Funny fact here, I mention that I got the full run of the Avengers in french, well this is not entirely true. There is still #139 that is missing. This issue is particulary rare simply because the publisher stop selling the comic at #138. They still got #139 to the press but decide to throw them all to the trash bin. Only a few issue survice, Here when you found one, it can goes generaly up to $1500 and more :eyeroll:

Thanks Liaton!

Not sure what you mean by "sick key issue" but if you mean rare one, not really. But I think just having the full run of Avengers is hard enough :)

BTW if you are looking for any Héritage comics, PM me maybe I can help you. I know many peoples that got Héritage comic for sale.