• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

So weird how they did the 361-363, then BOOM!!!-- 301... hm

The 4 is one of my favs...I just got it back from cgc a few days ago.....

Also on the trail of number 5... :gossip:

I don't know why CGC said it's Marvel as publisher when it's Bandes Dessinées Fantastiques. Nice book

Do you know when the cheesy L'Etonnant public awareness books were published in relation to these?

Here's the first page of #1. It was published in 1993, 1 year after the #361. You can see it's from Bandes Dessinées Fantastiques

1993?..I wonder why the placed "1992" on all the front covers...

So weird how they did the 361-363, then BOOM!!!-- 301... hm

The 4 is one of my favs...I just got it back from cgc a few days ago.....

Also on the trail of number 5... :gossip:

I don't know why CGC said it's Marvel as publisher when it's Bandes Dessinées Fantastiques. Nice book

Do you know when the cheesy L'Etonnant public awareness books were published in relation to these?

Here's the first page of #1. It was published in 1993, 1 year after the #361. You can see it's from Bandes Dessinées Fantastiques

1993?..I wonder why the placed "1992" on all the front covers...

1992 is the Marvel Copyright that they just replace on every cover. That's also a mistake on the CGC label. On #4, you can see 1988 on cover

Edited by Eerie Publication

Correction... I am NOT looking for L'Etonnant number 5 from this set of five..which should be a reprint of ASM 302...but rather number 5 from the ones that were printed for social awareness programs in Canada....I am looking for this cheesy book:

1with001.jpg

Correction... I am NOT looking for L'Etonnant number 5 from this set of five..which should be a reprint of ASM 302...but rather number 5 from the ones that were printed for social awareness programs in Canada....I am looking for this cheesy book:

1with001.jpg

That's the hardest to find

I will be glad to do it, but actually it is a lot simpler than what one might expect:

Editoriale Corno started to include stickers with the earlier issues of each series.

Then, they occasionally put them once again for a sequence of numbers, during the various series runs. Most of the "anniversary numbers" have them (and occasionally they have posters as well).

Identifying them is very easy, as the thing was always notified on a cover blurb saying something like "contiene adesivi" "qui adesivi", "qui adesivi e manifesto", "contiene poster" etc.

As you see, here in the ASE #3 (which includes Tomb of Dracula #1 anfd #2 if I recall correctly) the cover blurb says "Adesivi in regalo!", which means "Free stickers!". (thumbs u

Cool, thanks for that bro! (thumbs u So it always states on the cover if the stickers are included.... good to know! "adesivi" like adhesive? Cool! hm

Some of my recent buys.... here is my Spidey 129 set with my two newest... being the Brazilian on the far right and the Italian below!

Spiderman129_Brazilian_German_Frenchsmaller.jpg

Spiderman129_Italiansmaller_newer.jpg

My Iron Man 55 French Editions Heritage...

IronMan55_French_smaller.jpg

My Spiderwoman 1 Greek

SPiderwoman1_Greeksmaller-1.jpg

Edited by Define999

Wow Matt, that Brazilian ASM #129 looks Awesome congrats bro :applause: I'm sure that Ironman #55 is gonna be one hot book to look for when Avengers 2 opens up ;) Even I tried to hunt for one down, but no luck :P nice score my man (thumbs u

Hey Thanks RJ! I have had the American 55 for awhile now but the French 55 was a recent acquisition! I really like the French one but the Iron Man 55 variant I really want is the Greek one!

Ironman03GC-1.jpg

Speaking “bout” the French one I think there was a gent in the thread earlier that had like 3 or 4 French IM55’s? I bet some cash might make him rethink his love affair with one or two of his undercopies?

That brazilian(amazing 129) is black and white inside?

Yes Gonza the Ebal “Run” books were all black and White on the inside with color covers I think. With the exception of the “Em Cores” which are full color I believe? Barbarian will know more about this specifically…..

Here is a scan of the Ebal Spidey 53 first page as well as a closer look at the indicia…

insidehomearrana1.jpg

indiciahomearrana.jpg

hm French is cool but now you got me loven that Greek variant copy lol Congrats on this score, what an Awesome copy :applause:

I wish RJ, Dont own the Greek one yet... its on the horizon though! :wishluck: Just showing whats in my opinion one of the cooler variant 55's out there! :cloud9:

:boo: Maybe I should read before getting to excited at every cool foreign comic cover you show lol Dont mind me its a 100 degress where I am and my central air in the house is out :facepalm: but I did get a chance to pick up some sweet foreign comics hopfully they will arrive in a week or two :wishluck:

:boo: Maybe I should read before getting to excited at every cool foreign comic cover you show lol Dont mind me its a 100 degress where I am and my central air in the house is out :facepalm: but I did get a chance to pick up some sweet foreign comics hopfully they will arrive in a week or two :wishluck:

lol

Its cool, I wasnt as clear as I could have been.... 100 degrees and no central air? Dude..... thats rough! Hope to see your new foreigns soon! (thumbs u

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand speakin'of Greek....

After many headaches, many many hours of search, miscommunication problems with a multitude of collectors, shipping problems, and all around incredible frustration in finding and convincing the only guy I found that owned one, to finally sell it....in all its glory, my low grade Greek ASM 300....

SPIDERMAN483COVER.jpg

I now own all the known foreign variants of asm 300... :acclaim:

After many headaches, many many hours of search, miscommunication problems with a multitude of collectors, shipping problems, and all around incredible frustration in finding and convincing the only guy I found that owned one, to finally sell it....in all its glory, my low grade Greek ASM 300....

SPIDERMAN483COVER.jpg

(worship)

Congrats dude! This has been an endevor that has taken how many years? hm Very happy for ya Hector! (thumbs u

SPIDERMAN483COVER.jpg

(worship)

Congrats dude! This has been an endevor that has taken how many years? hm Very happy for ya Hector! (thumbs u

You have no idea.... I am content.... :cloud9:

One thing I've been meaning to tell you for awhile... That blond character is not Wolverine. :( It's the Wendigo. ;)

I must have repeated that "blond" thing a million times...were you ever going to tell me.,... lol