• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Hey guys.... I would like to thank boardie Vaillant for helping me out with this one! This is the Italian Tomb of Dracula #1! It is a really cool book, but what makes this one soooo freakin much cooler is the addition of the original stickers that came with this issue. These are hard to find still on the sticker back and from what I have been told even rarer still attached to the book by the staple. Maybe Vaillant and other Italians can give us a lesson on the included stickers that came with many of the Italian issues? hm Earlier in this thread it was talked about how CGC lacked a way to identify properly what foreign books had stickers and what did not? And even if they did there are for sure graded Italian books floating around out there without this sticker notation? Interesting for sure.........

Tomb_dracula_italian.jpg

Tomb_dracula_italianWstickers.jpg

That's sweet, I would sub that for SS for Wolfman and Adams so fast your head would spin. lol

You always say that Lsc! lol Don't get me wrong I think SS books are cool, I just would rather use that money I would spend on getting sigs/graded on other books? (shrug)

Hey guys.... I would like to thank boardie Vaillant for helping me out with this one! This is the Italian Tomb of Dracula #1! It is a really cool book, but what makes this one soooo freakin much cooler is the addition of the original stickers that came with this issue. These are hard to find still on the sticker back and from what I have been told even rarer still attached to the book by the staple. Maybe Vaillant and other Italians can give us a lesson on the included stickers that came with many of the Italian issues? hm Earlier in this thread it was talked about how CGC lacked a way to identify properly what foreign books had stickers and what did not? And even if they did there are for sure graded Italian books floating around out there without this sticker notation? Interesting for sure.........

Tomb_dracula_italian.jpg

That's sweet, I would sub that for SS for Wolfman and Adams so fast your head would spin. lol

You always say that Lsc! lol Don't get me wrong I think SS books are cool, I just would rather use that money I would spend on getting sigs/graded on other books? (shrug)

Can't help it, I'm a Signature Series junkie and an Adams junkie on top of that. lol

"and a complete Tarzan´s adventure"...

tony_170_50.jpg

This is the only "Tony" book I'd want...they are neat, but this is the only one that's really caught my eye....nice buy man

So weird how they did the 361-363, then BOOM!!!-- 301... hm

The 4 is one of my favs...I just got it back from cgc a few days ago.....

Fre-Can301x.jpg

Also on the trail of number 5... :gossip:

Fre-Can301x.jpg

I don't know why CGC said it's Marvel as publisher when it's Bandes Dessinées Fantastiques. Nice book

Tomb_dracula_italian.jpg

I will be glad to do it, but actually it is a lot simpler than what one might expect:

Editoriale Corno started to include stickers with the earlier issues of each series.

Then, they occasionally put them once again for a sequence of numbers, during the various series runs. Most of the "anniversary numbers" have them (and occasionally they have posters as well).

Identifying them is very easy, as the thing was always notified on a cover blurb saying something like "contiene adesivi" "qui adesivi", "qui adesivi e manifesto", "contiene poster" etc.

As you see, here in the ASE #3 (which includes Tomb of Dracula #1 anfd #2 if I recall correctly) the cover blurb says "Adesivi in regalo!", which means "Free stickers!". (thumbs u

Edited by vaillant

I don't know why CGC said it's Marvel as publisher when it's Bandes Dessinées Fantastiques. Nice book

Do you know when the cheesy L'Etonnant public awareness books were published in relation to these?

Do you know when the cheesy L'Etonnant public awareness books were published in relation to these?

Here's the first page of #1. It was published in 1993, 1 year after the #361. You can see it's from Bandes Dessinées Fantastiques

127611.jpg.e76555cd5240b074ada04a943d9bfd2c.jpg

Edited by Eerie Publication