• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm 3 weeks into quitting tobacco.

74 posts in this topic

I quit twice. Both times, it was a decision that I slowly built my way to and then I went cold turkey. Whenever the urge came over me to cheat I just realized that it's only temporary and that the pluses outweighed the minuses.

Every day it became easier and easier so instead of slipping back into it only to quit again, I decided that if I pushed through today, tomorrow it would be easier. And it was.

The smell, the health, the cost. I never really even enjoyed it that much, actually. I was just addicted to it.

I don't judge, but I don't think I'll ever pick up the habit again. Too many other things that are way more fun.

lol

Keep up the good work USArmyParatrooper and we need our Soldiers in tip

top shape. (thumbs u

I quit last May using one of those electric vapour cigarettes and I just

slowly lowered the strength of the nicotine juice I added each day into the

filter and before I knew it I was smoking some candy flavoured juice with O %

nicotine and it worked great.

I can't believe how good I feel and the money sure lasts longer with Canada's

heavy handed taxing of cigs, booze and gas.

There is no upside to smoking.

As to quitting, it will take a LONG time to lose the urge to have a cigarette. Years. There are many triggers (food, alcohol, *ahem* post coitus) but each time this challenge is presented remember:

It's not this cigarette that will kill me. It's the 100,000 sure to follow.

Things get better - the triggers start to reduce their affect and therefore "desire" abates, but just be aware.

Well done on three weeks (thumbs u .

The hard part is over.

Do what you like - life is too short to worry about things like emphysema, cancer, heart disease, etc. Enjoy your life.

How many people have been miserable in gyms, on diets or otherwise suffering to be 'healthy' only to die unexpectedly?

I am a firm believer in end of life fate - ie. when it's your time, it's your time - nothing you can do to stop it. We all serve a purpose and need to be happy in our time here on this planet.

Now that being said, you have to ask yourself if quitting smoking increases your quality of life or decreases it.

Quit if you want to quit - not to live longer as nobody can guarantee that.

Look at it this way, you are an incredibly strong person for making it through the hardest part of the process. Giving up now just wouldn't make any sense. Take comfort in knowing that the cravings will become less and less intense if they haven't started already.

I have been quit now for over fourteen years and there were a few points (after a week, after three weeks, and after six weeks) that I just thought I was going to lose my mind.

When you feel the urge, replace it with something else just for that moment.

Lastly, you cannot quit. You just have to stop. Sounds like you did.

Congrats!!!

Do what you like - life is too short to worry about things like emphysema, cancer, heart disease, etc. Enjoy your life.

How many people have been miserable in gyms, on diets or otherwise suffering to be 'healthy' only to die unexpectedly?

I am a firm believer in end of life fate - ie. when it's your time, it's your time - nothing you can do to stop it. We all serve a purpose and need to be happy in our time here on this planet.

Now that being said, you have to ask yourself if quitting smoking increases your quality of life or decreases it.

Are you kidding???

And I'm still climbing up the walls. I used to dip, and sometimes smoke.

For those who have never been addicted....

Imagine having the most stressful day you can remember at work,

I need a #$#$%ing cigarette.

No matter what happens at work, I don't let work get to me, once I punch out, my mind punches out too. I've had much worse happen after work than a measly flat tire with no jack in the trunk. Never saw the appeal of smoking anyway.

Are you kidding???

You can put that in your stoma and smoke it :thumbsup:

Quitting smoking is easy! I've done it hundreds of times.
I'm lucky in that I don't apparently have the addiction. I quit once or twice a year. I buy 2-3 packs for every elk and deer season that I draw tags, and then quit when I get back home.

I quit permantly using Chantix, has bad side effects (but not as bad as tobaccos) works great. Bad nightmares.

Yea, my wife experienced some crazy sleep related side effects.... nightmares, sleep walking... you name it! In the end though Chantix worked for her....

I quit permantly using Chantix, has bad side effects (but not as bad as tobaccos) works great. Bad nightmares.

Yea, my wife experienced some crazy sleep related side effects.... nightmares, sleep walking... you name it! In the end though Chantix worked for her....

I don't know if it's the Wellbutrin or the patch, but I've been having some crazy vivid dreams. Some of them are..... great.