• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Experience with Comic Pressing

122 posts in this topic

Moving forward, CGC should not only determine the condition of the comic, but the motive behind the condition as well.

??? And just how could they divine this motive?

Why are you quoting me? I ridiculed this statement, and I certainly didn't make it (it was posted by sclemons).

lol

I was being sarcastic.

I can use [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] indicators from now on if that will help...

Seth

[sarcasm]Please do[/sarcasm] (thumbs u

Also, laminating your books offers far more protection than a poly-bag and board.

^^

I'll see your dumbazz and raise you a retard: http://q-comics.com/details.htm

Yeah, that's a real interesting project there.

Doesn't he realize that that paper will destroy itself faster when laminated in there all alone without any sort of alkalizing buffer?

And make your book totally worthless in an instant.

Not totally, it would still have value as a paperweight or a coaster or something. Nick-Nack? (shrug)

Pressing pleases angels or really hurts them? Is anyone here 100% sure? (shrug)

Teacher says, “Every time a comic gets pressed an angel gets his wings." :gossip:

Pressing pleases angels or really hurts them? Is anyone here 100% sure? (shrug)

Teacher says, “Every time a comic gets pressed an angel gets his wings." :gossip:

Um...that was spiderman-on-tilt

Quote fail, again....

Cut and paste fail

Caused by the CGC :(

hmhm

Some of the people here got together and sent a sample to an independent lab to test a book, cut in half, one half pressed and the other not pressed.

The conclusion of the lab was that pressing didn't harm the book, and it actually improved the quality of the paper.

But good luck with that 100% theory. lol

I missed that. Is there a link anywhere?

Why are you quoting me? I ridiculed this statement, and I certainly didn't make it (it was posted by sclemons).

oops, sorry about that. Cut and paste fail

......careful, Bob might put a good "lawyering" on 'yo *spoon*........GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Some of the people here got together and sent a sample to an independent lab to test a book, cut in half, one half pressed and the other not pressed.

The conclusion of the lab was that pressing didn't harm the book, and it actually improved the quality of the paper.

.....you forgot to mention that the Laboratory also determined that the scissors were harmful to the book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. "I press Big Books and I cannot lie...."......"Back Dat Book Up !"....

It depends on the defects. Some will press out, others won't

Do you only get it pressed if you identify certain types of defects?

The ones I am getting slabbed have no noticeable creases, waves, curls, or bends. They look NM+ to my eye.

So my question is in that case, does anybody still get them pressed to ensure the highest grade? Or have you only done this when you know for sure there are defects to improve?

Seth

Need to take it on a comic by comic analysis.

The CBCA sponsored the study.

http://www.comiccollecting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1738

My new mission in life: to find a way to UNPRESS a book. Then there can been endless debates of, "This was pressed, then unpressed, then repressed..."

Unpressing is easy. Just dent, bend and impact without breaking color. Presto! The book has Unpressed into it's pre-pressed state.

:grin:

The CBCA sponsored the study.

http://www.comiccollecting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1738

thanks (thumbs u