• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

craigslist find........

25 posts in this topic

email sent

"You sir have what they call long boxes full of these visual media in the form of paper ephemera called comic books you can sell them... look for some nerds.

Your best bet would be to sell them on Ebay or Craigslist try saying something colorful and enticing to make people excited about buying them instead of

comics books

"I found these by the dumpster in the alley behind my house"

try

Oregon Collection HUGE find CGC it!

"I recently found these in the basement they seem to belong to my great great grandfather because I think the dust on the "long box" (sp?) lid may have been his ashes. He was one of the great Oregon settlers and I have been told this is a significant find. I have been told this is know as the long lost Oregon dead guy collection and that these books are CGC(sp?) able (whatever that means)so they tell me I should say "CGC IT!" in the title of my auction whatever that means. I am told they are CGC graded 9.8 unslabbed and with no certification but definitely will make a mint for anyone who wishes to "flip them"."

could I count this as my good deed for the day?

Tell him what he has is junk and offer him next to nothing and a slap in the face for wasting your time.

Why do people do this? What do they benefit from it?

Unless he genuinely does not know in which case he deserves nothing for them for not even spending five minutes doing a Google or ebay search for prices.

One mans mess, is another mans treasure

Maybe, but if you take one man's mess, two girls and a cup, you have bags of money.

Tell him what he has is junk and offer him next to nothing and a slap in the face for wasting your time.

Why do people do this? What do they benefit from it?

Unless he genuinely does not know in which case he deserves nothing for them for not even spending five minutes doing a Google or ebay search for prices.

Wasting your time? really? The only time I see wasted is starting a thread about it...

As for a 5 minute Google or Ebay search, we all know that hundreds of books would take a lot longer than that.

I just sold 250 books privately because I couldn't be bothered pricing them, breaking them up into individual books or paying fees on ebay.

I emailed him yesterday, right after he posted. No reply yet. It's either a scam or he is trying to see what kind of response he gets. I'm guessing with that Iron Man #1 up front and a couple of Silver Age X-Men showing on top, he knows exactly what he has!

I emailed him yesterday, right after he posted. No reply yet. It's either a scam or he is trying to see what kind of response he gets. I'm guessing with that Iron Man #1 up front and a couple of Silver Age X-Men showing on top, he knows exactly what he has!

Yeah it almost seems like a ploy to get a list of all the local collectors for an email database, or something.

I'd estimate that roughly 80% of the Craigslist ads I reply to, even those that are only minutes old, I don't get a response.

I'd estimate that roughly 80% of the Craigslist ads I reply to, even those that are only minutes old, I don't get a response.

"Casual Encounters" and "Misc romance" don't count. :P