• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone dealt with Sparkle City Comics?
1 1

95 posts in this topic

Have you tried the search button?

Easy there BUTM. The search function on the boards isn't exactly easy to use.

1) click search

2) type in "sparkle city"

3) set the date range to a year

4) click submit

5) read a wealth of info about sparkle city

Which of those steps is the tricky one? (shrug)

(.5) Pry eyes away from FF's sig line .gif

Yo, why single me out? They were looking too!

Unless your user name is BUTM.

It's Blowie.

In the wind.

1) click search

2) type in "sparkle city"

3) set the date range to a year

4) click submit

5) read a wealth of info about sparkle city

Which of those steps is the tricky one? (shrug)

Steps 1 thru 5, especially 5. :insane:

:jokealert:

Won auction on Sunday. Comic book was delivered today. Won over next bidder by one cent. Must be my greatest eBay win ever.
I love the one cent win. If you do a little research on the other bidders, you can do it pretty often. Either that, or hand the high bidder the no cent win on a punishment bid :cloud9:

I have both bought and sold books through Sparkle City. A couple of my books actually went for way below fmv ( we are talking about a 5 figure book here) and others I was pleased with the final hammer price. So I really don't think that any shilling is involved. I have also bought the most expensive book I've ever paid for and thought that I got a great deal on it. To each his own but sparkle city is A-ok.

I got bid up on a comic in the last Sparklecity auction where the underbidder bid me up to where I was only ahead by 1 ct and then let me win. I was so pissed!

This has happen to me twice and I think it was the same underbidder each time.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=380430603549

I got bid up on a comic in the last Sparklecity auction where the underbidder bid me up to where I was only ahead by 1 ct and then let me win. I was so pissed!

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=380430603549

Learn to bid amounts like $253.87 and you would have maybe won. If all bidders herd on the same value, then the early bidder will win. You want to snipe, you need to be more creative in the bids you snipe with to override that effect.

I got a nice, GA Action from them last fall on ebay. I was more than pleased with the book. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

BTW, this is the 3rd Sparkle City thread I have posted in during the last two days, counting today.

lol

Learn to bid amounts like $253.87 and you would have maybe won. If all bidders herd on the same value, then the early bidder will win. You want to snipe, you need to be more creative in the bids you snipe with to override that effect.

O RLY?

lol

I hope that underbidders' comics all get attacked by a swarm of locusts!