• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 1

24 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a silver age marvel collection mostly mid to late 60's (about 1200 books). This X-men was in there, but I have never had experience with books that are missing a 1/4 page off the front cover. The book appears to be in the 7ish range besides that. What does CGC typically grade these? 1.8-2.0?

Thanks,

Steve

xmen1.jpg

xmen1b.jpg

Cool book Steve, post some pictures of the rest of the collection some time.

I would ask Matt about what he could do to restore/replace that top cover section.

Of course it would be a PLOD, but who wants a .5 blue labeled book missing the most important part of the cover? I'd much rather have a book that looks great, complete, PLOD, versus the incomplete unrestored cover.

I would do that if the cost of restoration would be anywhere near feasible, given a projected selling price. Figure 10%-30% as a projected range to sell it restored, expecting the low side. Regards,

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a silver age marvel collection mostly mid to late 60's (about 1200 books). This X-men was in there, but I have never had experience with books that are missing a 1/4 page off the front cover. The book appears to be in the 7ish range besides that. What does CGC typically grade these? 1.8-2.0?

Thanks,

Steve

xmen1.jpg

xmen1b.jpg

A classic "remainder" copy. I'd price it at Guide 2.0 and see if anyone bites.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Steve

xmen1.jpg

xmen1b.jpg

A classic "remainder" copy. I'd price it at Guide 2.0 and see if anyone bites.

If priced anywhere south of $400, it should sell easily. Above that, I think there will be price resistance. Looks nice otherwise (thumbs u