• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

got your tix for the Avengers yet???

111 posts in this topic

Thor down, Captain America next!

Less than 3 hours to go! Excited as help but I gotta say my freaking back is starting to hurt from these seats for the last 8 hours! I think I'm gonna be in traction tomorrow

How much noise and clapping is going on in these movies.

A LOT!!!!!!!!

Less than 3 hours to go! Excited as help but I gotta say my freaking back is starting to hurt from these seats for the last 8 hours! I think I'm gonna be in traction tomorrow

Suck it up, Buttercup. This ain't a sprint, but a marathon of Marvel Movie Goodness. Don't let us down now.... :makepoint:

lol

I don't know what's worse the back pain or the massive stomach ache from a box of milk duds, box of Raisinets and box of junior mints! :sick:

Oh and 3 HUGE coke slurpees :sick::sick:

Cowboy up :sumo:

This ain't for sissies (tsk)

Well, this sucks!!!

Over 9 hours and no Avengers for me :sorry:

My wife took my son for pizza before dropping him off and halfway thru Captain America started feeling sick. He Just spent the last 10 minutes in the bathroom throwing up and now were on our way home.

Total bummer! Poor little guy looks so sick :(

Start doing Yoga.

Instead of being right at the part where the Avengers action heat up to pure awesomeness, I'm sitting on the couch watching Silverado on satellite for the 3,000th time :sorry:

A great movie in its own right but it sure ain't the Avengers! :cry:

I saw The Avengers tonight!

Overall, it was entertaining. I wouldn't call it a great film, but it had its moments. My primary complaints are that I found the acting to be fairly poor at times and the fight scenes were very forced. There was quite a bit of cheese and camp to go around as well. The main cast was good. Evans as Captain America and Jackson as Fury were both horrible ideas though.

On the positive side...it's the Avengers. Some of my favorite superheroes on screen together. The fight scenes were pretty good. Stark steals the show, once again.

Oh, and wait till after the credits of course. Any real comic fan will know what's coming when you see the beginning of the film, but it's great to see it come to life at the end. ;)

Just got home from Avengers! Its right up there with Dark Knight. All kinds of awesome! Hulk scenes totally steals the movie for me. I disagree with KoR on the fight scenes.. I found them completely entertaining and Whedon does a great job balancing it out with the characters.

Yes stay all the way to the credits END there are 2 scenes. One half way through and one at the end

I disagree with KoR on the fight scenes.. I found them completely entertaining and Whedon does a great job balancing it out with the characters.

KoR fancies himself a movie critic, so none of his reviews are of the raving fanboy variety. He's been a lot more discriminating since he's hit puberty. :baiting:

Overall, it was entertaining. I wouldn't call it a great film, but it had its moments. My primary complaints are that I found the acting to be fairly poor at times and the fight scenes were very forced. There was quite a bit of cheese and camp to go around as well. The main cast was good. Evans as Captain America and Jackson as Fury were both horrible ideas though.

On the positive side...it's the Avengers. Some of my favorite superheroes on screen together. The fight scenes were pretty good. Stark steals the show, once again.

Oh, and wait till after the credits of course. Any real comic fan will know what's coming when you see the beginning of the film, but it's great to see it come to life at the end. ;)

If the Avengers wasn't great, it was as close to great as any of the Marvel Studio's productions has been, and their record has been stellar. Personally, I found the Avengers much better than just entertaining. From my POV, the acting was solid across the board, and while I'm not much of a fan of Cap's costume alterations from the original comics, Chris Evans portrayal of Steve Rogers and in action as the character has been spot-on. He held his own in scenes with Robert Downey, which isn't easy. Of course the Joss Whedon direction and (co-written) -script were superb. Right now this is one of my favorite Marvel based films.

So, from my POV, four stars plus and two thumbs way up! :whee:

Seeing_Avengers_Assemble_London.jpg

Jack_Horner_Pub_London.jpg

*Minimum Spoilers*

1. Action packed.

2. No movie is perfect, but this movie far exceeds the expectations( and those who know me at all know that I have...certain...standards...).

3. Well written. Particularly the interactions between the Avengers, and ALL were within the characterizations we have come to love, enjoy, and expect.

4. EVERY one of the FIVE( 5) screening rooms were SOLD OUT and I was lucky to get my ticket and I swear ONE guy got the last ticket to the 12:25 AM room after I got mine. There were NO MORE SEATS and yes, a few people got turned away. I got off work two hours early thinking that I could get in the 12:05 show. WRONG, but I got lucky. Meant to be; fate.

5. Definitely a Superhero film, but seems a mix of Sci-fi, Fantasy, Adventure, and Action all rolled into one great movie.

6. The crowds were young, but diverse with a seemingly 50/50 mix of females-to-males, 10 year olds to 30-ish year olds, and the token Dinosaurs, about 25% of them.

7. More than expected amounts of humor, and the audience LOVED it! It was not high-brow humor that was over their heads; they got it and you could hear the reactions. This accomplishment is a feat unto itself IN ANY MOVIE ROOM!!!

8. I promised no Spoilers, but there was ONE Hero that nearly stole the show and whose stock must surely rise after this movie.

9. The writers utilized each hero's strengths and weaknesses to fit the plot, and sub-plots, and B storylines. The writers utilized the villain's characterizations to the tee.

The Casting was as close to perfect in this Superhero movie, and there is an old saying in Hollywood: " Casting is 80% of the job". Think the Godfather. Raging Bull. Patton. A Bronx Tale. Silence of the Lambs. The James Bond movies, w/ Sean Connery.

10. No one walked out. I took some photos of some younger kids that were dressed like the Avengers, but it is 4 AM PST, and I can't find my adapter. I have to call my oldest daughter and borrow hers soon. I can't wait to share the pics with my fellow CGC Forumites.

All in all, I am going to give this Great Movie a 10 on IMDB. I rarely grant any movie a 10 rating, but I rarely grant a rating less than 7. I know what kind of collaboration it takes to make a movie, how many people it takes, the skill sets required, thus almost every movie should get at least a 7 rating just out of pure respect for their hard, hard work.

Marvel Studios churns out winners. This was great for our Hobby.

CAL feeling like a kid once more...

If I want Oscar winning acting I will just re watch the Godfather part 1 or 2. :baiting:

So far you are the only person to have negative comments about the fight scenes.

Are you sure you didn't see an advance screening of GI Joe part 2 by accident. :ohnoez:

Having worked in film for 10+ years, I'm surprised ANY good films get made.

This is not only one of the best super hero films to date, but it's simply one of the funnest summer blockbusters ever made.

Simple as that. Thank you Mr. Whedon.

If I want Oscar winning acting I will just re watch the Godfather part 1 or 2. :baiting:

So far you are the only person to have negative comments about the fight scenes.

Are you sure you didn't see an advance screening of GI Joe part 2 by accident. :ohnoez:

No, I thought the fight scenes were good. I just thought they were forced. But the fighting itself was good. Actually, the fight scenes were GREAT. :banana:

I didn't see WHY some of the fights were taking place (between allies)...but it did look cool and was fun to watch.

I liked the movie. I didn't like it as much as Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2, X-Men 2, Spider-Man 1, Batman, Batman Begins or the Dark Knight. It was still pretty good though. Good enough for me to want to see it again. :)