• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos

105 posts in this topic

Like many of my (younger) generation, I had no idea who Capt. Marvel, Warlock or Thanos were until Silver Surfer # 50 and The Infinity Gauntlet miniseries back in 1990 or so.

The Infinity Gauntlet works as a standalone story and gives Thanos a lifetime pass for me. Why? Great story. Amazing Perez artwork in the first few issues, featuring basically the entire Marvel universe.

Issue # 4-5 in particular, feature him beating basically everybody, including some in ingenious ways. And...for all his power, he's undone by pride. It's Shakespearean.

Ahem....

Actually his name is never mentioned. Maybe it's just some bloke who looks like him?

Happens to me all the time. Yesterday I thought I saw Pee Wee Herman at the pussycat theatre, but it coudn't have been him,,,,,,,,

(shrug)

lol

I thought Denisof was one of the Russian terrorists in the Black Widow scene?

Thanos is CGI and didn't speak...there's no actor to attach to him.

Peace,

Chip

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0036551/

(shrug)

EDIT: Screen shot of a YouTube clip of the Russian Terrorist scene, pretty sure none of them are Denisof:

Screenshot2012-05-06at82044PM.png

Its funny, I was watching a few of the Thanos issues on eBay that have been relisted time and time again; now all of a sudden poof they are sold. Let the speculating begin.

He is my fave Marvel character. Don't get me started.

No, please do explain. To me he looks like warmed over Bronze-Age nonsense...

Thanos is one of my favorite characters. 2nd favorite villain after Magneto.

He has always been written as a poetic-type villain. He's extremely intelligent and well-spoken however he is also insane.

Infinity Gauntlet is one of the best Marvel story arcs ever released.

hm

detail.jpg

a9ir.jpg

+

250px-Tq1.gif

Thanos_Quest_Vol_1_2.jpg

(thumbs u

As a kid, I thought that Captain Marvel #s 25-33 were awesome! I did not collect and have not read anything dealing with Thanos since then. And I am still psyched for the second movie. Unfortunately for collectability, all of my Thanos books were well-read.

Oh and yes Thanos Quest 1-2 def must reads

I have read those two books countless times. Just like Doom, Thanos looks beyond what all others seek.

Reading him plot and win each of the six gems was just awesome.

This was all back when Silver Surfer vol.3 was actually good!

Thanos quest also was done as a TPB -

thanosquest.jpg

Here, pretty soon, I will be sending down my copy of this TPB and my Infinity Gauntlet TPB down to get bound together into one hardbound volume. I will show it when I get it.

Infinity Gauntlet 1-6 was soooooo cheap for years

Ironman #55 has exploded on Ebay as well! ;)

My LCS had one on the wall for $200 for like six weeks, from outside the bag I thought the price was about accurate and since I already had a copy I didn't take it out and look at it. Shop owner shows it to a guy last week and they discover it's a double cover. Sells Instantly of course.

He is my fave Marvel character. Don't get me started.

No, please do explain. To me he looks like warmed over Bronze-Age nonsense...

Thanos is one of my favorite characters. 2nd favorite villain after Magneto.

He has always been written as a poetic-type villain. He's extremely intelligent and well-spoken however he is also insane.

Infinity Gauntlet is one of the best Marvel story arcs ever released.

hm

detail.jpg

a9ir.jpg

+

250px-Tq1.gif

Thanos_Quest_Vol_1_2.jpg

(thumbs u

I always really liked those Starlin covers...the rest... :whistle: