• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is going on at heritage?

186 posts in this topic

Am I the only one that's sane

I routinely see people complain about problems on eBay such as suspected shilling, fake sellers, and the like. Meanwhile, something so jacked up is going on in the may heritage auction and nobody seems to care. Has anyone seen the prices that are so insane that shilling is probably not the cause. Check out a few of these prices:

Batman #8 Cgc 8.0. $12,000+

Captain America #2 cgc 8.0. $47,000

All-flash #1 Cgc 9.2. $50,000

Captain America #7 Cgc 8.0. $16,000+

There are more examples but I think the point is made.

Those are a joke. There is a better chance of hitting powerball than the book getting paid for. Nobody is that uninformed.

When the auction started I was surprised by the amount of Billy Wright books that were back up for auction at the same grade so soon after record prices were paid but that Is am afterthought compared to this lunacy.

Once again maybe its the twilight zone and I am the only one who us sane

History shows us that there absolutely are people that uninformed. The Thrillings at Comicconnect are another example.

I'm bummed about the Batman #8. I was going to go after that book.

History shows us that there absolutely are people that uninformed. The Thrillings at Comicconnect are another example.

Come on Jeff, Man Up ! Its is only $12k :insane:

With the release of the Avengers movie, I am sure it will be worth 10x that in another month :insane:

I would say it's less about being uninformed and more about being misinformed.

If you have very large sums of cash to spend on comics and you ask around for advice on which ones to buy, I can tell you, with all certainty, that you will hear from several sources that each of those books -- as well as virtually any "high grade 'unrestored' book" -- is a bargain at virtually any price.

I asked CC about the Thrillings and was told they were bought by a collector they were familiar with. They could have been yanking my chain but that is what they told me.

I asked CC about the Thrillings and was told they were bought by a collector they were familiar with. They could have been yanking my chain but that is what they told me.

I wonder who the underbidder was.

I wonder who the underbidder was.

I'll let him let the cat out of the bag.

Come on Jeff, Man Up ! Its is only $12k :insane:

With the release of the Avengers movie, I am sure it will be worth 10x that in another month :insane:

MARK MY WORDS, THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY,BUY,BUY! GOLDEN AGE BOOKS ARE HEADING OUT OF THIS GALAXY AND NOT STOPPING TO SAY GOODBYE.

FM (channeling MM)

:whistle:

Here's another good one. The Action #36 is currently at $26,290. The same copy sold in February for $5377. You can't even call it uninformed or misinformed, as that auction history is listed in the item description!

I can't remember... what sty official explanation why so many Billy Books are back up for sale? Reneging winners? failed upgrades? or did the guy in the commercial who wins and auction and then asks the auctioneer if he can sell it?

Here's another good one. The Action #36 is currently at $26,290. The same copy sold in February for $5377. You can't even call it uninformed or misinformed, as that auction history is listed in the item description!

that is unreal.

It's only an 8.5 doh!

It's only an 8.5 doh!

And there are 2 9.0s! doh!doh!

Sounds (and smells) very Fishy to me - the owner of the auction site puts books from his personal collection up and they get "insane" prices via an unknown entity. Really?

It makes one really wonder to what lengths some people will go to in order to sit on top of the heap.

How about the brittle 4.0 Action 1 that they just claimed sold for nearly a third of a million dollars, yet it's up for auction with them again. Verily.

CC should be reporting their commissions from such alleged sales for tax purposes, eh? hm

Sounds (and smells) very Fishy to me - the owner of the auction site puts books from his personal collection up and they get "insane" prices via an unknown entity. Really?

It makes one really wonder to what lengths some people will go to in order to sit on top of the heap.

How about the brittle 4.0 Action 1 that they just claimed sold for nearly a third of a million dollars, yet it's up for auction with them again. Verily.

CC should be reporting their commissions from such alleged sales for tax purposes, eh? hm

:whistle:

179.jpg

something so jacked up is going on in the may heritage auction and nobody seems to care.

It may not be jacked up - I bought an X-Men 1 8.5 a month or so ago for 13k+ (less commish) - before I even had a chance to pay, I had an offer on it for 25K! Made no sense at all. But guess what? I got my money! I had an 8K profit without ever seeing the book!

something so jacked up is going on in the may heritage auction and nobody seems to care.

It may not be jacked up - I bought an X-Men 1 8.5 a month or so ago for 13k+ (less commish) - before I even had a chance to pay, I had an offer on it for 25K! Made no sense at all. But guess what? I got my money! I had an 8K profit without ever seeing the book!

Ladies and germs, this is what we call an

epic-win.jpg

Ladies and germs, this is what we call an

epic-win.jpg

Yes it was - especially for a guy who usually buys high and sells low...

Somebody wasn't paying attention during the auction.