• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is going on at heritage?

186 posts in this topic

History shows us that there absolutely are people that uninformed. The Thrillings at Comicconnect are another example.

I'm bummed about the Batman #8. I was going to go after that book.

I asked CC about the Thrillings and was told they were bought by a collector they were familiar with. They could have been yanking my chain but that is what they told me.

I wonder who the underbidder was.

I'll let him let the cat out of the bag.

He already did but no one really reads his posts anyway.

History shows us that there absolutely are people that uninformed. The Thrillings at Comicconnect are another example.

I would say it's less about being uninformed and more about being misinformed.

If you have very large sums of cash to spend on comics and you ask around for advice on which ones to buy, I can tell you, with all certainty, that you will hear from several sources that each of those books -- as well as virtually any "high grade 'unrestored' book" -- is a bargain at virtually any price.

Surely no one would be that duplicitous! :mad:

If you have very large sums of cash to spend on comics and you ask around for advice on which ones to buy, I can tell you, with all certainty, that you will hear from several sources that each of those books -- as well as virtually any "high grade 'unrestored' book" -- is a bargain at virtually any price.

hm

hm

So when do people think this latest pigeon will fly the coop? We had the Keller implosion, the Northern Lights collection. What would be an appropriate name for the collection of whoever is paying these crazy prices. hm

Come on Jeff, Man Up ! Its is only $12k :insane:

With the release of the Avengers movie, I am sure it will be worth 10x that in another month :insane:

MARK MY WORDS, THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY,BUY,BUY! GOLDEN AGE BOOKS ARE HEADING OUT OF THIS GALAXY AND NOT STOPPING TO SAY GOODBYE.

FM (channeling MM)

:whistle:

Wa-a-ay too coherent. :gossip:

Those were Fishler's Exciting MHs that were recently sold on CC?

Who claimed to be the underbidder on them?

Let's just get all this out in the open...

Yes, those were Fishler's books.

Yes, the underbidder is a known quantity.

It's the mysterious high bidder with the (now) half-million dollar Thrilling run that we'd all like to be acquainted with.

It's the mysterious high bidder with the (now) half-million dollar Thrilling run that we'd all like to be acquainted with.

Perhaps we all are already are.

Ah...Mitch finally took his own advice then. :idea:

Those were Fishler's Exciting MHs that were recently sold on CC?

Who claimed to be the underbidder on them?

Let's just get all this out in the open...

Yes, those were Fishler's books.

Yes, the underbidder is a known quantity.

It's the mysterious high bidder over bidder with the (now) half-million dollar Thrilling run that we'd all like to be acquainted with.

Fixed

hm

So when do people think this latest pigeon will fly the coop? We had the Keller implosion, the Northern Lights collection. What would be an appropriate name for the collection of whoever is paying these crazy prices. hm

The Moby D ick collection. Someone found his "white whale"...but it killed him.

Wasn't there a case a few years ago about a couple of early Supermans selling for ridiculous amounts, and it turned out that they weren't real sales (I don't recall the actual details)?

Unless being shilled, it takes two to tango - something just isn't right here.

Wasn't there a case a few years ago about a couple of early Supermans selling for ridiculous amounts, and it turned out that they weren't real sales (I don't recall the actual details)?

Unless being shilled, it takes two to tango - something just isn't right here.

There was. #4 and #6 comes to mind but, Jeff would know for sure.