• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #2 CGC 9.2 sells for $77,000

56 posts in this topic

Recognizable, certainly. It has been reprinted so many times. But I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it classic. There is a lot of dead space on it. But it is very red and yellow.

Recognizable, certainly. It has been reprinted so many times. But I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it classic. There is a lot of dead space on it. But it is very red and yellow.

Comic collectors are suckers from prime colours. Especially us GA folks.

But it is very red
:cloud9:

I knew there was a reason I always liked the #2. :D

Personally, I like #3 a lot better. :cloud9:

I agree. The train and a little boy under Supes arm is very cool

superman3.jpg

superman3.jpg

:cloud9: Definitely one of the best Superman covers! It just screams of that early vision of the character, rescuing those in need.

Looks like the OTHER 9.2 up at Comic Connect now

Incredible that there are two copies this ridiculous in the world.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=521064&title=SUPERMAN

wow white pages.

I gotta say the comiconnect book is the one I would buy if side by side with the other 9.2.

The CC copy is hands down a better looking copy. Simply gorgeous.

superman3.jpg

:cloud9: Definitely one of the best Superman covers! It just screams of that early vision of the character, rescuing those in need.

While a great cover, it seems more like he's taking the kid on a grand superman tour, rather than a rescue. :)

superman3.jpg

I hate you. Love your comics, hate you for having them.

Looks like the OTHER 9.2 up at Comic Connect now

Incredible that there are two copies this ridiculous in the world.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=521064&title=SUPERMAN

wow white pages.

I gotta say the comiconnect book is the one I would buy if side by side with the other 9.2.

Agreed. That is one fresh copy