• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos who?

71 posts in this topic

I surely heard of him. I used to own quit a few IM #55's. Just never read them.

I will catch up on some Thanos, thanks to all the reference material I've been given. he sounds pretty awesome and I'd love to see a film where the bad villain makes the world surrender and parades about ala Gen Zod in Superman 2.

But lets say Thanos is in Avengers part 2... do the Avengers have any chance of beating him? Does Odin if they get his help? Is Thanos a God? It seems like if we're talking cosmic power, characters like Black Widow, Cap Ap and Hawkeye would be useless in the 2nd movie.

Characters like Thor, the Hulk and Dr. Doom are useless against him. Therein lies the interest.

That's the best part about Thanos and the stories he's in - the means to his defeat utilize a wide variety of characters needing to perform talent-specific tasks that come together at the end like a chess match. That's what I've always taken away from the stories and it doesn't no-sell the non-cosmic guys like Spider-man or Cap as being worthless.

Even Cap, with his speech to Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet served a (futile) purpose in Warlock's plan.

That and his inherent flaw that leads to his own downfall. Shakespearean really.

That is what made me become an instant fan. That speech Warlock gives him in IG about not succeeding because deep down he feels he's not deserving was an amazing turning point for the character. He went from Thanos of Titan to something else more complicated and with depth.

I'm a huge Thanos fan-- especially the classic Starlin storylines in Warlock and Captain Marvel-- and excited to see what Marvel does with him.

One of my favorite Thanos images is the Warlock #9 end-page...powerful, confident and awe inspiring. One look and you know Thanos is no ordinary villain.

CAF_Warlock9%20p31.jpg

Yes and thanks. It's a personal grail page that I feel very lucky to own. :cloud9:

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

A Starlin or Lim Thanos/Warlock piece is one of my grails as well. Congratulations!

Dude got his kicked by Squirrel Girl.

18458-189249-SquirrelGirljpg-620x.jpg

I'm looking at that pic, and he's all bent over with smoke coming out of his B-hole.

Did Thanos just get a flaming azz rape from a squirrel?

How humiliating

I finished reading "The Thanos Quest" yesterday, what a great read. If you want to know what Thanos is all about, read it. Such a tragic Villain, the last panel was priceless.

Thanos is one of those characters that always seems to get a really awesome last panel - which happens a lot with the heroes, but not often with the villains.