• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I Even BE Mac Man Anymore?

45 posts in this topic

On Thursday afternoon, my hard drive failed. Come Friday, I unsuccessfully attempted replacing it with a new one. Caught me in between backups. I know, I know. I dropped it off with the techs today, and the mother board is gone. Cost to repair would be only a few hundred less than total replacement. Unfortunately, I have neither the spare $1200 for a new mac nor the time to wait for a new computer.

SO... I bought a PC laptop. I'm grateful to be able to go out and buy one right away, don't get me wrong. But I'm really, really disappointed at the change. That and the loss of data and the hundreds of dollars spent on something I'm not terribly jazzed about. The new laptop seems fine and all... but I just don't feel like "Mac Man" right now. :sorry:

I think I'd go the secretary-with-an-abacus route before I returned to a Mac. I can't stand the cult of Apple. So much so that it doesn't really matter to me whether they make a decent product.

I do, however, appreciate a decent Francis Manapul Spidey sketch.

I was thrilled when the opportunity to buy this from a boardie presented itself.

And I'm sure I'll get over the change... or at least used to it. Besides, I'll probably go for a Mac once this one's run its course.

The new Mac comes out with mountain lion and better processor, buy one then and just suffer using a pc for now, I switched to mac and I will never buy a pc again. I would rather use my I phone then a PC

I do, however, appreciate a decent Francis Manapul Spidey sketch.

I was thrilled when the opportunity to buy this from a boardie presented itself.

And I'm sure I'll get over the change... or at least used to it. Besides, I'll probably go for a Mac once this one's run its course.

The new Mac comes out with mountain lion and better processor, buy one then and just suffer using a pc for now, I switched to mac and I will never buy a pc again. I would rather use my I phone then a PC

i kinda know what hou mean. im on this ipad more than anything else. it feels like an extension of my arm but will never give up a pc