• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane at his best at Heritage Auctions!

546 posts in this topic

double f u g

I am going to bed hours early

grumblegrumblegrumble

at least I have a Nowlan cover 2/3 paid off, but I really liked that one. Just at about $300 less.

Q: If you knew the closing price, would you have bid higher yourself?

I got a Nowlan Dr. Strange that could be had if that will make you happy....

Your Strange Tales cover?

I am interested.

I'm getting one myself, but yours is groovylicious

I got a Nowlan Dr. Strange that could be had if that will make you happy....

Your Strange Tales cover?

I am interested.

I'm getting one myself, but yours is groovylicious

Yup, no will to part with my Wolverine covers unless it was for some art I couldn't say no to. You might not be so interested based on what I would want - trade - but email me and we can talk.

Best

Simon

Did anyone else think the Perez double page splash was cheap? $9560?

That's a classic piece from a perfect period for Perez. I could see that in a gallery showing of perfect examples of comic art...so yeah...it could have gone for more.

Well, for someone relatively new to OA this was another disheartening auction.

lol

I look forward to seeing a few of the pieces I would have bid on show up on a website soon...

:tonofbricks:

All I got was a consolation prize. lol

I was out at my daughter's soccer game all night so I'm just getting caught up.

There was a nice Everett Subby piece i would have loved to snag (I've wanted one for a while) but alas...

this was another disheartening auction.

Yup.

Wow. Not sure what to say about this auction. I only went after two pieces, one being the Wolverine #10 cover, and I thought I was being super aggressive. I got blown out on both. Maybe I'm only noticing the high lights, but it seemed like crazy money on everything from the ASM 328 cover of course, to the Kirby Cap splash, and all the way down. The only real surprise on the down side was the one everyone was watching, and that was the Spidey 1 cover. Using this auction as a measure, that might have been the best bargain of the day! How is this possible? Is this the new reality? There will be a lot of discussion about investors and speculation impacting this sale. I just have no idea, but I am wondering if this marks some sort of sea change and is it permanent or not.

I guess for now, I'll just lick my wounds and try to figure out what just happened.

Scott Williams