• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane at his best at Heritage Auctions!

546 posts in this topic

Doesn't a resale certificate only apply to product bought for resale...? It certainly didn't sound in the interview as it if was bought as inventory. Not sure they'd want to play games with that on such a high profile sale.

Doesn't a resale certificate only apply to product bought for resale...? It certainly didn't sound in the interview as it if was bought as inventory. Not sure they'd want to play games with that on such a high profile sale.

It doesn't have to be sold, just "for sale", and everything's for sale. lol

Cat's out of the bag.

So, just to confirm... this is solid info then, Stephen and Vincent did buy it?

I'm not casting doubt on the source by any means, as he does a good job, but I'm surprised to see it out there from only one source since it appears to be from a PR.

Sent Stephen a quick email but haven't heard back yet.

I'm surprised they would want it announced publicly if they bought it

Why? Let's say you were in the comic art selling business, and you just purchased some comic art at a record price, and it was all over the news. Seems like that would be good publicity for your company. (shrug)

But... don't you want to know who the underbidder was who ran that puppy up to 600K right along with them?

Every time I go to SDCC I see this cover priced $10K higher than the previous year. About time the seller just got it over with and put it up for auction.

This will be an interesting auction - moreso if there is no reserve.

As much as we think there is outside blood, I can make a pretty good guestimate on the known player who bought the Spidey #1 and we know who bought the ASM #328.

This cover has been around with no takers for a few years so it will be interesting to see if anyone spends the money for this cover based on what the other McCovers have gone for recently.

This cover has been around with no takers for a few years so it will be interesting to see if anyone spends the money for this cover based on what the other McCovers have gone for recently.

I'll be sure to break out a double helping of McPopcorn for the auction. :popcorn: :popcorn:

this cover is for sale since more than a year, and not from the shamus collection ;)

Spider-Man have 2 left hands ! lol

Even Matt Ellis passed on this cover for that reason. I'm sure other big mcfarlane OA collectors passed on this because of that reason also. He does have a right hand, just the way he drew the line from the fingers to the thumb is messed up giving it that illusion.

To me, it's the angle of the left leg that looks really odd.

this cover is for sale since more than a year, and not from the shamus collection ;)

Spider-Man have 2 left hands ! lol

Even Matt Ellis passed on this cover for that reason. I'm sure other big mcfarlane OA collectors passed on this because of that reason also. He does have a right hand, just the way he drew the line from the fingers to the thumb is messed up giving it that illusion.

The right hand does look odd, and to me, so does the angle of the left leg.