• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Flee-Marquette Shawarma report.... (Avengers Spoilers)

102 posts in this topic

:roflmao::applause:

Even with Jessica Biel, nothing can distract Harley from the appraisal of a new high-grade Marvel western collection that someone offered to him 5 minutes prior.

:blush: Flee's brilliant paparazzi moment captured the conclusion of a rousing geek discussion with Jessica on the merits of pressing and bumps that can be achieved. Any guesses as to whose debate points were most persuasive?

:acclaim:

My reply recently to a boardie about our local Shwarma place Arabesque Cafe

I used to have to wait until I got to Toronto (60 miles away) [for good Shwarma]. This place opened up in an old, abandoned Wendy's restaurant that couldn't stay open for more than a few months. Just discovered them a few months ago (they'd been open for years apparently) and now can't keep away.

I've eaten Middle Eastern all over NA and this is the best I've ever had.

They literally hand bone all their meat, spice it themselves and then put it on a spit themselves...none of that store bought frozen stuff. Everything made from scratch. Even the pitas are fresh baked all day long and delivered warm and soft.

It's dreamy.

My wife and I and another couple went to see the Avengers today. So I said when I invited them, "hey, want to go out for a late lunch and then go to movies? Theres this middle eastern food place in town that serves shawarmas, and I'd like to try one"

"Ok....sure. That sounds good"

The place was called Casablanca. The shawarma was lamb and was pretty good, but none of the others knew that there was a shawarma scene in the movie, so when that scene came up, they all looked at me with wide open eyes and exclamations of amazement. I just smiled :)

Today we were out shopping and we decided to try Shawarma again, this time

in Melbourne, FL. Our stop was Middle Eastern Aromas. A nice Lebanese

restaurant with a small Middle Eastern Grocery attached to it.

mid-eastern-aromas.jpg

I have never tried Felafel so I ordered it as an appetizer and the Kibbeh looked

interesting too, so we thought what the heck.

appetizers.jpg

The felafel reminded me of corn bread hush-puppies. We dipped them into the

hummus along with the pita wedges. The Kibbeh was finely-ground beef mixed

with bulgur wheat. Kinda like a meat loaf, not bad. (thumbs u

I ordered the lamb shawarma and it was very different from my previous experience.

The meat was shredded like a pulled pork sandwich and instead of grilled peppers,

onions and lettuce, it had parsley and cucumber pickle slices. It was rolled up

tightly and toasted like an oversized taquito or eggroll.

shawarma-ver2.jpg

Shawarma was never on my radar, but evidently, like a few other folks, it was a

scene in a comic book movie that got me to try it. The powers of cinema. lol