• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, good times and ice cold beer!!!

130 posts in this topic

Welcome one and all to the brand new all inclusive Comics, good times and ice cold beer thread!!!

If has to do with comics and good times-fill a tumbler, pint glass, two liter bottle cut in half with your favorite beverage and post it here!!

This includes all you lurkers out there who have been looking for a reason to join the Society and show your love for comics and good times!!

My first lager here in the new thread-a delicious Yuengling served in an ice cold 2010 Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo DC 75th Superman Toon Tumbler-

IMG-20120512-00191.jpg

I am so glad to be back on the East Coast and have stocked up my fridge with Dead Guy Ale, Yuengling, and Michelob Amber Ultra!

It's great to be back on the threads after a tough month of moving, unpacking, and resettling-but I am looking forward to getting caught up on the boards!

P.S.-I thought there would be more comic book stores around Stafford, Va :(

Anyone else drinking this evening?

G O O D T I M E S !!!!!!

1655256-banana2.gifChris

Good idea Chris. Theres so much good beer out there, and alot of it is regional. You just don't walk into a place in Florida and order a pint of Ninkasi Total Domination. The Pac NW owns it solely. Anyways, for my first post I'd like to honor Paul and his business with an official Toon Tumbler Pint Glass of Sgt. Rock (since you are now a Sgt. Major Chris) with art by the great Joe Kubert and a bottle of Pyramid Outburst Imp IPA. This brew is a little more bitter than I like but at 8.5 % I'm happy with it, and getting happier :)

Background book is the excellent biogrophy of Joe Kubert written by Bill Schelly. Being a golden age fan, I found this book fascinating

TTandOutburst.jpg

Good stuff. Great photos. Beer and Comics. not much better.

Will post some of mine soon enough.

I am actually searching for comic Book stores near Williamsburg VA . Be there for a family trip soon. If anyone know any good ones in VA (near Williamsburg) give me a shout. I love to visit comic book/toy stores on my vacations.

My first lager here in the new thread-a delicious Yuengling served in an ice cold 2010 Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo DC 75th Superman Toon Tumbler-

Yuengling :cloud9:

Sadly, it will be August before I have some. :cry:

I'm happy to see this pic has survived in my photobucket.

I took it from Slovakia back in 2008 for posting in a thread. If I recall correctly, I was chatting with Roy in the thread about being his 'Slavic brother.'

It has beer & comics (note Heritage catalog, Men of Tomorrow, & Wally's World biography).

IMG_1555.jpg

Yeungling is OK. I do think their B&T is pretty good. I usually pour a cup or so of it into 15 bean soup when I'm cooking it.

I've been on a Magic Hat #9 kick lately.

I'll don't want to come across like Frank Booth from Blue Velvet, but I'm an ale lover; there is a big difference between top and bottom fermintation and lagers are always down the list. Also, the darker the brew, the better.

Since we're in Europe on an extended book tour I've had ample opportunity to investigate cask ales in Free Houses across the UK. Right now my personal favorite is Adnam's Broadside, shown here in a pint draft with a rather feisty looking Merryweather guiding it (from the Betjeman Arms at Kings Cross, London)...

25b73ed1.jpg

Next, we have Fuller's ESB (Extra Special Bitters), a more common brew obtainable at Fuller's owned ale houses across the UK (this shot from around the first time we caught the Avengers movie before it officially opened in the U.S., pint imbibed at the Jack Horner Pub in London)...

Jack_Horner_Pub_London_2.jpg

For the next pint we have the Reverend James Bitters (from the Bacchus Bar in Newcastle)...

14ee4e2f.jpg

Then things get a little foggy...

710b043f.jpg

0b3d44cd.jpg

6d81af0a.jpg

580e1059.jpg

31f91e1d.jpg

...MOAR!

I'll don't want to come across like Frank Booth from Blue Velvet, but I'm an ale lover; there is a big difference between top and bottom fermintation and lagers are always down the list. Also, the darker the brew, the better.

Since we're in Europe on an extended book tour I've had ample opportunity to investigate cask ales in Free Houses across the UK. Right now my personal favorite is Adnam's Broadside, shown here in a pint draft with a rather feisty looking Merryweather guiding it (from the Betjeman Arms at Kings Cross, London)...

25b73ed1.jpg

Next, we have Fuller's ESB (Extra Special Bitters), a more common brew obtainable at Fuller's owned ale houses across the UK (this shot from around the first time we caught the Avengers movie before it officially opened in the U.S., pint imbibed at the Jack Horner Pub in London)...

For the next pint we have the Reverend James Bitters (from the Bacchus Bar in Newcastle)...

14ee4e2f.jpg

710b043f.jpg

0b3d44cd.jpg

6d81af0a.jpg

580e1059.jpg

31f91e1d.jpg

...MOAR!

This dude has awesome hair!!! (worship)

But he needs to keep it out of his beer! :ohnoez:

This dude has awesome hair!!! (worship)

But he needs to keep it out of his beer! :ohnoez:

Thanks! :headbang:

(shrug) I think that's an optical illusion, but trust me, not a drop went to waste! Alas, if you've ever been to a small venue concert you know that rockers get used to beer shampoo. :grin:

I live near Philadelphia, but for some reason, I have never really liked Yuengling. It's better than most lagers, but that aint saying much. I also am an ale man, the darker the better. My newest kick is barleywine, but it's expensive, and usually pretty high alcohol content.

I can already tell this thread is gonna have alot of pub interior shots in it, but thats a good thing (thumbs u

I live near Philadelphia, but for some reason, I have never really liked Yuengling. It's better than most lagers, but that aint saying much. I also am an ale man, the darker the better. My newest kick is barleywine, but it's expensive, and usually pretty high alcohol content.

Dude !! You went from Lager to Barleywine in one sentence :o

Thats covering alot of ground :grin:

14ee4e2f.jpg

710b043f.jpg

0b3d44cd.jpg

6d81af0a.jpg

580e1059.jpg

31f91e1d.jpg

...MOAR!

lol

Nice!

If I scroll down really fast your pictures play like a movie. Perhaps Flea can do his magic with your pics. :)

Can we please have a couple more quote with all pictures of Merry to scroll past and a small sentence :sumo: