• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug Schmell cashing in his vaulted massive collecion. Poll: Is this the top?

1,888 posts in this topic

I think the quality of the 678 books being sold by doug speak for themselves, if you are a collector...this is it....put your money where you mouth is...it anit gonna get any better than this.....marvel wise

If you like high priced high grade drek.

:jokealert:

Wow, I just realized my 10-year anniversary on the boards was earlier this week, I'm getting old! :o

Happy Anniversary, Banner!

aa-108.gif

Thanks! :headbang:

The Gator FB team needs to turn it around next year. :wishluck:

They won't. :gossip:

:applause:

Neither will any National Championships come your way so I wouldn't be so happy, jackazz.

It is a good time to buy and a good time to sell.

lol

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the Golden Age, it was the Silver Age, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity..." hm

"Good Times, Bad Times, you know Doug had his share; But when Mitchell starting posting here, Well, we still don't seem to care!" :makepoint:

I think the quality of the 678 books being sold by doug speak for themselves, if you are a collector...this is it....put your money where you mouth is...it anit gonna get any better than this.....marvel wise

Because I wouldn't bid on any of his books with somebody else's money I guess I'm not a collector. Do I only have to collect top census books to qualify as a collector? This is very disheartening to hear as apparently I am going about this hobby all wrong and am a complete failure. :sorry:

Wouldn't high grade Marvels be fish in a barrel if you had Cameron or DiCaprio's resources?

DiCaprio is definitely a collector. There is rumour that he likes Marvels and Timelys. I believe he purchased a highest graded Marvel Comics #1 years ago from Comiclink (filter81's old copy) but I don't know how accurate that is. I think a boardie also recounted how he bought a Cap #1 from a comic store.

More well known is that he frequents Comic Con, specifically the Silver and Gold comics pavilion.

Wow, I just realized my 10-year anniversary on the boards was earlier this week, I'm getting old! :o

aa-108.gif

Neither will any National Championships come your way so I wouldn't be so happy, jackazz.

You're out of your mind.

Wouldn't high grade Marvels be fish in a barrel if you had Cameron or DiCaprio's resources?

DiCaprio is definitely a collector. There is rumour that he likes Marvels and Timelys. I believe he purchased a highest graded Marvel Comics #1 years ago from Comiclink (filter81's old copy) but I don't know how accurate that is. I think a boardie also recounted how he bought a Cap #1 from a comic store.

More well known is that he frequents Comic Con, specifically the Silver and Gold comics pavilion.

What's his board ID? (shrug)

aa-108.gif

You're out of your mind.

You won one with bogus eligible running back and a fortunate call in OT so suck it.

Trying to remember. He recounted a story about how he pulled over in a limo or something like that, bought the comic and left.

It's been a couple of years since I read that story on here.

aa-108.gif

You're out of your mind.

You won one with bogus eligible running back and a fortunate call in OT so suck it.

Re-watch the UM/OSU game, UM had a call go their way, scored and then the game went into overtime. :sumo:

From an older thread called Celebrity Collectors :

I have sold books to Rosario Dawson(Jokers), DiCaprio, Sam Raimi(Am Spideys), and Rosie Perez(X-Men). I am sure there are others, as some other people have been at the table over the years.

aa-108.gif

Hey, they just won back to back Women's Tennis Titles, they're already back baby!! Or, not...just like the Heels. :sorry:

Another quote from an old thread:

Leonardo Dicaprio is apparently a Golden Age collector. Samuel L Jackson, Gene Simmons from Kiss, Sebastian Bach from Skid Row. Charlie Sheen sold his copy of Action Comics #1 App 6.5 about 6 years ago.

aa-108.gif

You're out of your mind.

Re-watch the UM/OSU game, UM had a call go their way, scored and then the game went into overtime. :sumo:

Verbal test for your running back to make him eligible! meh

aa-108.gif

Hey, they just won back to back Women's Tennis Titles, they're already back baby!! Or, not...just like the Heels. :sorry:

:banana:

aa-108.gif

You're out of your mind.

Verbal test for your running back to make him eligible! meh

He's gone now. Athletes all over the country get plenty of special treatment, not enough get caught.

I'm wondering though with all these high grade quality material being sold at Heritage all at once if it will affect the market in the long run? I'm predicting that deals will be had and some if not most will set GPA highs. Would it affect other upcoming auctions after this big one? We are only in May and all these quality books are just popping out left and right.

DR Banner you can quote me on this......

" I was buying action comics # 1 before you were a ZYGOTE".......live and learn from your Daddy.

:slapfight:

Trying to remember. He recounted a story about how he pulled over in a limo or something like that, bought the comic and left.

It's been a couple of years since I read that story on here.

:o

(Actually, I meant DiCaprio's board ID. :whistle: )