• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION
4 4

2,903 posts in this topic

Received an email from HERITAGE about the Sunday April 5th Auction

that featured SUPERBOY #1 and SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES #6...

I'll be interested to see what they sell for...as my copies are close to these

in grade.

11891919646_7c12ce6a97.jpg

9352976642_6a8de932a5.jpg

mm

If I'm reading the HERITAGE AUCTION results correctly, the SUPERBOY #1 sold for

$1,792.50...and, the SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES #6 sold for $1,015.75.

mm

That has got to be exciting for you! I just got an Amazing Spider-Man #238 back from CGC and it graded a 9.4. Its special, to me, because it is one of the few books I kept through the years that I bought off the newsstand. I was thrilled to get it back but I can't imagine what it would be like to get Superboy #1. (worship)

That has got to be exciting for you! I just got an Amazing Spider-Man #238 back from CGC and it graded a 9.4. Its special, to me, because it is one of the few books I kept through the years that I bought off the newsstand. I was thrilled to get it back but I can't imagine what it would be like to get Superboy #1. (worship)

Thanks for the kind remarks and congratulations on your Amazing Spider-Man #238.

mm

Hi Marty,

I believe that was my copy of Superboy 1 that sold in the Heritage Auction. Although I still collect, I thought I would cash out on books I've had for 20 years or longer. Anyway, I've enjoyed looking at your collection over the years. I like collectors who enjoy the books just for the fun of collecting and not primarily for financial gain. I hope your heirs enjoy the books as much as you did and still are. Excelsior!!

I believe that was my copy of Superboy 1 that sold in the Heritage Auction. Although I still collect, I thought I would cash out on books I've had for 20 years or longer. Anyway, I've enjoyed looking at your collection over the years.

I've admired scans you've posted many times over the years. You've got that late 40s / early 50s DC focus that you don't see too much, compared to earlier GA and Silver Age.

Some of that stuff is really undiscovered country. Lots of little-known gems.

Hi Marty,

I believe that was my copy of Superboy 1 that sold in the Heritage Auction. Although I still collect, I thought I would cash out on books I've had for 20 years or longer. Anyway, I've enjoyed looking at your collection over the years. I like collectors who enjoy the books just for the fun of collecting and not primarily for financial gain. I hope your heirs enjoy the books as much as you did and still are. Excelsior!!

Thanks for your kind remarks...I truly enjoy going through my collection and sharing both the

scans of them plus the memories that occur while looking at them again.

mm

I believe that was my copy of Superboy 1 that sold in the Heritage Auction. Although I still collect, I thought I would cash out on books I've had for 20 years or longer. Anyway, I've enjoyed looking at your collection over the years.

I've admired scans you've posted many times over the years. You've got that late 40s / early 50s DC focus that you don't see too much, compared to earlier GA and Silver Age.

Some of that stuff is really undiscovered country. Lots of little-known gems.

Thanks...I always enjoyed finding unusual and new issues on the newsstand...but I

was always drawn back to my DC and FAWCETT favorites.

mm

Somehow this issue had been mislaid with a group of remainder copies and

was never included in my list of LOONEY TUNE MERRIE MELODY COMICS.

It is one that I received as part of the subscription gift from my parents...you

can tell by the center crease that it was folded for mailing.

17159504431_126bca8b35.jpg

mm

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your kind remarks...I truly enjoy going through my collection and sharing both the

mm

I love the pictures but its the memories you share that make this thread extra special to me. Keep it up, Marty! As I've said before, I don't comment on every post but I'm out here enjoying your company as I'm sure many, many others are as well. :foryou:

Hi Marty,

mm

I love the pictures but its the memories you share that make this thread extra special to me. Keep it up, Marty! As I've said before, I don't comment on every post but I'm out here enjoying your company as I'm sure many, many others are as well. :foryou:

Thank you so very much for your very kind comments.

mm

I remember that on occasion when we would take the bus from Newark to

Bloomfield there was a newsroom at the bus stop that always seemed to

have comics I didn't see at other places. Here's one of them I remember

buying.

9008054942_19d8f6d784.jpg

mm

buying.

mm

It is interesting that you mention that. It appears that there were several different distributors handling comics in those days. I really believe that distribution had a lot to do with why certain publishers' comics are scarcer in certain parts of the country. Seems like DC and Dell had the best distribution nationwide.

buying.

mm

It is interesting that you mention that. It appears that there were several different distributors handling comics in those days. I really believe that distribution had a lot to do with why certain publishers' comics are scarcer in certain parts of the country. Seems like DC and Dell had the best distribution nationwide.

I remember that the 5 & 10's like Woolworth's and W.T. Grants always had a large selection

of DELL's which were not that plentiful at newsstands and that the Union News at most

Railroad Stations always had a wide assortment of STREET & SMITH and UNITED FEATURE

Comics that you rarely found in the local newsroom. Almost all newsstands were well stocked

with DC's and other assorted titles...that's what made the hunt so much fun...you never knew

what you would find.

mm

Have been unable to access any of my scans on Flickr...be back as soon

as I can work it out...

mm

works for me...

All I get from Flickr is "Upgrade unsupported browser"...that's not something I seem

to be able to achieve.

mm