• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Lapham taking commission requests!

147 posts in this topic

quickly approaching the 3 month mark, but no worries yet. I'm easily expecting a 6+ month wait on mine. at that point (or if I see a bunch of others appearing in the meantime) I'll be hitting him up for an update.

I figured at the prices he was asking, he was gonna get buried, and "real" deadlines would begin trumping the commission work sooner rather than later. It's an old old cliche, and part of why I haven't done a comic artist a commission in 12 years.

Honestly, I considered that, but weighed what I was sending against the possibility of another disappearing act and decided it was worth the risk. Hopefully he surprises us all and they start landing with some regularity sooner rather than later. Rather than this thread turning into yet another artist commission mob, full of pitchforks and torches.

The only thing I know is it's still way too soon to truly be worried about it. More just an observation at his point. :)

-e.

P.s. I did notice that Dark Phoenix commish from the blog along with a Wolvie piece not on the blog posted on CAF in the last couple weeks. So at least something is happening.

It'd be nice for him to at least post an update on the commission list so all those that did pay and were told 6-8 weeks know what to expect. It's not like it's that hard or time consuming to tell the customers that he is backed for for another couple of months and to check back then.

Right now there's no communication or follow-up from those of us that did follow-up. I'd even settle for a Twitter blast since he's posting on Twitter several hours a day but no mention of the commission even though he previously got them via his constant tweets originally.

https://twitter.com/DavidALapham

It'd be nice for him to at least post an update on the commission list so all those that did pay and were told 6-8 weeks know what to expect. It's not like it's that hard or time consuming to tell the customers that he is backed for for another couple of months and to check back then.

Right now there's no communication or follow-up from those of us that did follow-up. I'd even settle for a Twitter blast since he's posting on Twitter several hours a day but no mention of the commission even though he previously got them via his constant tweets originally.

Why not just ask him on twitter what the status is if you are following him?

I don't use Twitter at all and have no desire to sign up for another social network, I just saw his posts there when i Googled his name to get back to his Blog site for updates. I've emailed him already which is the original way I got on his commission list.

The art was going to be a b-day gift at the end of the month which was cool when he quoted 6-8 weeks, but since it's looking to be around 3+ months for it to hopefully arrive I'm going to have to get a Plan B for a gift.

Yeah, I don't do any social networks either. I did borrow my wife's twitter today to contact Kevin Nowlan, who got right back with the info I asked about, but she gets mad when I do that too much. It does seem to be a good way to keep track of artists though and I am considering doing twitter and facebook SOLELY for comic art purposes.

I went ahead and emailed him with your suggestion. Ill let you know what he comes back with. If he gets back to me that is :wishluck:

Man, this the first time I've been getting the run-around from a seller, and it's a big name too.

Wonder how many people he got to send him payment. +1

*********UPDATED***********

Just got a reply from the Man, Lapham, himself:

"It has been slow but the May ones should be done. Email me and I'll check"

Going to email now.