• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you bother responding to this?

82 posts in this topic

Proper reply...

"Due to all the time and effort a trained professional, who spent years learning his/her craft, spent in gently bringing this comic back from the sad, neglected depths to which it had fallen, now to its current condition which harkens to its days just off the newsstand, with all the sweet memories of a bygone era that are now invoked, and due indeed to the considerable expense such restoration has brought to its thoughtful owner, and due even more importantly to the singular cuteness the color purple brings to its label, I am nevertheless only asking twice the price that a similarly-graded blue-label book would bring in its abandoned unrestored state."

Proper reply...

"Due to all the time and effort a trained professional, who spent years learning his/her craft, spent in gently bringing this comic back from the sad, neglected depths to which it had fallen, now to its current condition which harkens to its days just off the newsstand, with all the sweet memories of a bygone era that are now invoked, and due indeed to the considerable expense such restoration has brought to its thoughtful owner, and due even more importantly to the singular cuteness the color purple brings to its label, I am nevertheless only asking twice the price that a similarly-graded blue-label book would bring in its abandoned unrestored state."

:roflmao:

I don't see the make offer button....could be the problem? All I see is the option to buy

It's right below the buy or add to cart option inside the big blue button that says "MAKE OFFER".

"Thank you for your interest."

+1

I cant imagine dealing with this guy is going to end up being a pleasant experience for you!

Sean's probably right...next thing you know it, he'll be haggling shipping costs...

"Thank you for your interest."

+1

I cant imagine dealing with this guy is going to end up being a pleasant experience for you!

Sean's probably right...next thing you know it, he'll be haggling shipping costs...

.....and trying to get $ 9 for his mama. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd be tempted to say something like ..

"Yeah, you're right! I was going to put up my restored 'AF15' after this, but I think I'm going to toss both of them in the garbage now. Thanks for the wake-up call".

.. but that's just me :)

I don't think you've got it priced badly at all. You've got it at under half blue label GPA average.

Resto is only Slight. Small amt color touch.

I'd just ignore the guy.

agreed. you are listing it at less than 1/2 the GPA of a non-restored version of a 9.2

other sales (though they are SP not SA) are in line with that reduction versus the unrestored version.

A 9.0 SP sold for $350 last month (about 60% of the blue label 9.0). So apparently there are people out there buying these pieces "of junk" ...

ignore, and block buyer.

Got this email through eBay today, regarding a restored book I have for sale. Personally, I think it's fairly rude and I am probably going to ignore it, but figured I would get some opinions first.

"since this book is restored , with the PURPLE LABEL OF DEATH , AS IT'S GRADING CARD , WHAT'S THE LOWEST PRICE YOUR WILLING TO GO ON THIS BOOK . keep in mind the purple label HURTS it's value and scares a lot of people away, THEY WON'T BUY IT , BECAUSE OF IT . --- maybe we can work out a price for it , if your willing to bring your price down to A FAIR value for a RESTORED COMIC ......."

Compliment him on his negotiating skills and quote him the Buy It Now price.

Winding him up, tempting though that must be, is a waste of your time. I would just thank him for his interest and ask him to feel free to make use of the make an offer option.

If he persists in being an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, refer him here, where we will be glad to explain your pricing policy to him in great detail. :gossip:

Got this email through eBay today, regarding a restored book I have for sale. Personally, I think it's fairly rude and I am probably going to ignore it, but figured I would get some opinions first.

"since this book is restored , with the PURPLE LABEL OF DEATH , AS IT'S GRADING CARD , WHAT'S THE LOWEST PRICE YOUR WILLING TO GO ON THIS BOOK . keep in mind the purple label HURTS it's value and scares a lot of people away, THEY WON'T BUY IT , BECAUSE OF IT . --- maybe we can work out a price for it , if your willing to bring your price down to A FAIR value for a RESTORED COMIC ......."

The first thing that came to mind was, "Well, I was born a rambling man...."

Theo? :whistle:

My immediate thought was Mitch.... hm

Nah, in his mind restored books are good only for wiping your .