• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

newbies can get either the Walking Dead Weeklies or the TPB of the early TWD.

Given some of your past comments, not sure where you are going with that, but I appreciate the information. I am not a fan of Zombie books in general(fingers crossed on revival :D ), so have no interest in WD. I was thanking rosen for posting the print run on it, because I have never followed it and didnt want to look it up:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

the sigh was because my LCS tried to get me to buy it when it was new and I said no :boo:

For this book, #2 caught everyone by surprise IMO. it was difficult to pick up quantity in my area. Also IMO, going forward, quantity will not be an issue upon release

I hope so. Despite all the mind numbing arguments on here about the book,

I actually:

-own several copies of each 1st printing, and 2 of the sketch variant

-actually quite like the story

-want to see it succeed.

If the speculator side of the books sales cools off a bit, it will be nice to see which direction sales are going month to month, and have it start to anchor in and build up.

So you didn't say THIS only 3 weeks ago then?

I'm glad we are back on topic guys.

I found these behind an old dumpster and was wondering if they are any good?

7850981998_b0d3db8e3c.jpg

Probably not. Sorry, man. But I can give you "a dolla' and some envelopes". ;)

18,000 print run, triple 9.9s from one presser....9.8s already stalling and falling on ebay. Only variants pushing up, no movie/tv rumors to give it legs. I think this one has danger written all over it.

Make up your mind....

i pick up 10 of each newstand issued copy.

10?! That is a lot- are you just submitting them to CGC trying to get 9.8 and 9.9s or something?

Nope, bag & board them, put them in the short box with the others. is 10 really a lot?

To the one copy I buy it seems like a lot, but I'm not judging. We each collect in our own way...

For this book, #2 caught everyone by surprise IMO. it was difficult to pick up quantity in my area. Also IMO, going forward, quantity will not be an issue upon release

I hope so. Despite all the mind numbing arguments on here about the book,

I actually:

-own several copies of each 1st printing, and 2 of the sketch variant

-actually quite like the story

-want to see it succeed.

If the speculator side of the books sales cools off a bit, it will be nice to see which direction sales are going month to month, and have it start to anchor in and build up.

So you didn't say THIS only 3 weeks ago then?

I'm glad we are back on topic guys.

I found these behind an old dumpster and was wondering if they are any good?

7850981998_b0d3db8e3c.jpg

Probably not. Sorry, man. But I can give you "a dolla' and some envelopes". ;)

18,000 print run, triple 9.9s from one presser....9.8s already stalling and falling on ebay. Only variants pushing up, no movie/tv rumors to give it legs. I think this one has danger written all over it.

Make up your mind....

I agree fully and I think this can be said for many other titles.

Uhm, the price is falling on every single book in revival. 9.8s I posted around that time sold for $125 and $132. They are selling for $60-$70 now.

Anyone who listened to me, saved themselves a lot of money.

Same with the raw books.

They are finding a floor now, which is where the discussion has moved too..

EDIT:

and i owned all the same books i do now then, still havent slabbed any of them...(and if you read all the posts from then, i was always wanting the book to do well, and liked it )

Edited by eisley

This is the horror of the spec business. When its hot, all the speculators start hoarding up all issues from the stores. But when it gets cold, it dies faster than a blink of an eye and the speculators are caught wondering why.

This is the horror of the spec business. When its hot, all the speculators start hoarding up all issues from the stores. But when it gets cold, it dies faster than a blink of an eye and the speculators are caught wondering why.

The Image crash of the early/mid-nineties :sick:

#3 is only just out.

Chill my little ones,chill.

In another 6 months when this is established then $80 - $100 will be ok.

Who cares when most of us are up for about $20 a cgc 9.8 max?

Good to see the haters pop up at the merest sniff of a modern collector getting burnt.

Its a trend on here : I've been in it for years so my 60 yr old book must be worth more than your 9 yr old book.

What,its not?

Hate hate hate - ah its ok,ones falling in price...hahaha - damn modern collectors,told them my ASM #4652 is a winner.

Bit fed up of it tbh - leaves a bit of a funny taste in my mouth thathte same old faces pop up here and wish that some of our books bomb and therefore they can feel good about themselves.

Good to see the haters pop up at the merest sniff of a modern collector getting burnt.

Its a trend on here : I've been in it for years so my 60 yr old book must be worth more than your 9 yr old book.

What,its not?

Hate hate hate - ah its ok,ones falling in price...hahaha - damn modern collectors,told them my ASM #4652 is a winner.

Bit fed up of it tbh - leaves a bit of a funny taste in my mouth thathte same old faces pop up here and wish that some of our books bomb and therefore they can feel good about themselves.

+1

Sometimes I just wanna be like "Hey guys is anyone else excited for the release of the new.....oh wait....new things don't exist in your world!" *nelson laugh*

Some people can be a bit over zealous. They just want it to take off and be succesful so bad.

Others can be just as bad in response by being very negative and all that jazz.

It's easy to be right about a comic bombing though, most do.

Is #3 out this week?

Edit:

I shouldn't say a comic bombing. I hate talking comics in an economic sense. There are plenty of example of great comic books to read that can be had for pennies.

Edited by Chi Bamm