• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Just picked up Revival #1 4th printing because it's pretty damn hot. There, I said it. :whee:

Where did you get it??

I didn't think it was out until 10/24?

Ryan

That's what I thought as well. Did I miss something.

Also for those looking for #2 1st and 2nd prints and #3 my LCS has about 10+ for the #2s and close to 30 of the #3s

Even if you cut out all the arguments and drama that would cut it to around 150 pages for a book that is 3 issues in. Your still talking about a book generating 150+ pages in a thread so far. Now are there hoarders only interested in increasing the value of their books? Sure and it ought to be obvious which ones they are. Beyond that the book is picking up fans with every issue. Its selling out every issue here locally in 3 stores. With issues 1 or 2 I would suspect speculators, but issue 3 was ordered more heavily and last time I checked there was only a couple of issues left on the shelf.

Even if you cut out all the arguments and drama that would cut it to around 150 pages for a book that is 3 issues in. Your still talking about a book generating 150+ pages in a thread so far. Now are there hoarders only interested in increasing the value of their books? Sure and it ought to be obvious which ones they are. Beyond that the book is picking up fans with every issue. Its selling out every issue here locally in 3 stores. With issues 1 or 2 I would suspect speculators, but issue 3 was ordered more heavily and last time I checked there was only a couple of issues left on the shelf.

I think Bedlam is going to follow the same trajectory. I think the modern comic book market is dangerously bubbly at the edges,

but at the core, there is a STRONG STRONG demand for quality books, which will retain and increase in value over time.

i like Fatale and ToT as well, but Fatale is a mini and ToT doesnt "wow" me, but i enjoy reading it.

the main issue i have with ToT is that there is not enough dialog

Here's the thing that bugs me a bit with Saga, and I am sure i will be blasted for saying it.

I HATE when comic books have swearing and sex....without purpose.

It's great to have indy comics, where swearing and sex can occur as the do in real life. But in Saga, especially the first issue, it really REALLY felt forced to me. Almost like, its obligatory to be "cool" or something.

let the spoons flow naturally when they should, and it works. Jam it in there for its own sake, and it comes across childish and akward, forced.

my 2c

but great story/world/book...just something that bugs me.

i like Fatale and ToT as well, but Fatale is a mini and ToT doesnt "wow" me, but i enjoy reading it.

the main issue i have with ToT is that there is not enough dialog

Here's the thing that bugs me a bit with Saga, and I am sure i will be blasted for saying it.

I HATE when comic books have swearing and sex....without purpose.

It's great to have indy comics, where swearing and sex can occur as the do in real life. But in Saga, especially the first issue, it really REALLY felt forced to me. Almost like, its obligatory to be "cool" or something.

let the spoons flow naturally when they should, and it works. Jam it in there for its own sake, and it comes across childish and akward, forced.

my 2c

but great story/world/book...just something that bugs me.

Im sure there are others that share your beliefs. Naturally, i am not one of those people :)

Anyone that is my age (41) and grew up seeing the movies as they were released, and considers themselves a "huge" Star Wars Fan, has no choice but to love SAGA! :)

Im sure there are others that share your beliefs. Naturally, i am not one of those people :)

Anyone that is my age (41) and grew up seeing the movies as they were released, and considers themselves a "huge" Star Wars Fan, has no choice but to love SAGA! :)

lol, well, I am not too young, though not 40, and I do love Star Wars. To be clear, I like Saga, its good and fun. Just something about it that bugs me

Now BKV is REALLY going to turn up the steam...

:roflmao: Revival thread on CGC forums, new Saga professional critiquing area

Edited by CBT