• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

i like Fatale and ToT as well, but Fatale is a mini and ToT doesnt "wow" me, but i enjoy reading it.

the main issue i have with ToT is that there is not enough dialog

Here's the thing that bugs me a bit with Saga, and I am sure i will be blasted for saying it.

I HATE when comic books have swearing and sex....without purpose.

It's great to have indy comics, where swearing and sex can occur as the do in real life. But in Saga, especially the first issue, it really REALLY felt forced to me. Almost like, its obligatory to be "cool" or something.

let the spoons flow naturally when they should, and it works. Jam it in there for its own sake, and it comes across childish and akward, forced.

my 2c

I agree. It appears to be a BKV thing, he did it in Y the last man too. There is definitely a feeling with Saga that the swearing is an affectation on his part, with the aim of looking hip and 'relevant'.

It's still a great story and I enjoy it but the crow barred in swearing does jar.

but great story/world/book...just something that bugs me.

Edited by Whizzer

Just picked up Revival #1 4th printing because it's pretty damn hot. There, I said it. :whee:

Where did you get it??

I didn't think it was out until 10/24?

Ryan

It doesn't ship until the 24th but I pre-ordered some copies. Sorry for the confusion. :sorry:

Even if you cut out all the arguments and drama that would cut it to around 150 pages for a book that is 3 issues in. Your still talking about a book generating 150+ pages in a thread so far. Now are there hoarders only interested in increasing the value of their books? Sure and it ought to be obvious which ones they are. Beyond that the book is picking up fans with every issue. Its selling out every issue here locally in 3 stores. With issues 1 or 2 I would suspect speculators, but issue 3 was ordered more heavily and last time I checked there was only a couple of issues left on the shelf.

+1. Just read the damn story the come back and complain. That's all we ask. ;)

Revival rumor had no mention of it being optioned just that Dre had heard "news" on it, what that news could be, well it could be anything.

I see ToT as being like Breaking Bad for thieves and see a lot of potential there as I am sure Kirkman and AMC do. Revival on the other hand would step on Walking Deads toes which no one wants right now and any time soon because it is a monster of a show.

I disagree. When a show is successful, producers want to fill spots before and after the show with similar material to keep the fan base watching and boosting ratings. Just my 2c

100% (thumbs u

Aother 'interested party' - in confidence had stated he had also heard about an offer to Seeley about aquiring the TV rights.

Tim S is on here sometimes

Yo Tim!

You the next Kirkman baby?? :headbang:

Walking Dead was up to about issues 40 was it not before it was optioned? In my opinion Revival has a long long way to go before it is even spoken in the same breath as The Walking Dead.

Edited by buddymagoo

No doubt about that mate - but I AMC (or whoever) are just another company trying to make money.

They see TWD as wildly succesful but know that every show is finite.

Star Trek - Sopranos - The Shield - Stargate.

They all end.

It seems Revival would be the logical fill in for TWD in the next 24 months be it on AMC or elsewhere.

I don't know BeachBum from next door neighbours dog,but he seems to know what he's talking about.

Lets be fair - Revival has the potential to be very,very good indeed.

As you say,the next 12 months are key

No doubt about that mate - but I AMC (or whoever) are just another company trying to make money.

They see TWD as wildly succesful but know that every show is finite.

Star Trek - Sopranos - The Shield - Stargate.

They all end.

It seems Revival would be the logical fill in for TWD in the next 24 months be it on AMC or elsewhere.

I don't know BeachBum from next door neighbours dog,but he seems to know what he's talking about.

Lets be fair - Revival has the potential to be very,very good indeed.

As you say,the next 12 months are key

I suppose I agree I just don't like getting my hopes up too much. Definitely one to watch and it's early days so we have no idea where it could go story wise but it's been great so far.