• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

there was a board member who went to cinci and is going to nycc...is how i did it...i never get to travel to these cool cons.

Being in the UK, I never get to go to any of these and rely on the generosity of board members to help me out :cloud9:

There are going to be Awesome Comics and CBLDF remarked covers available soon as well as a couple sketch covers on blanks.

Mike was great to work with and just a wonderful guy!!!

:baiting:

there was a board member who went to cinci and is going to nycc...is how i did it...i never get to travel to these cool cons.

Being in the UK, I never get to go to any of these and rely on the generosity of board members to help me out :cloud9:

There are going to be Awesome Comics and CBLDF remarked covers available soon as well as a couple sketch covers on blanks.

Mike Norton was at the Cincinnati Comic Expo about a week and a half ago - that's where all these books will be coming from.

GAcollectibles was facilitating the show so if anyone wanted books signed by Norton, they could have just contacted Andrew :shrug:

Mike Norton was at the Cincinnati Comic Expo about a week and a half ago - that's where all these books will be coming from.

GAcollectibles was facilitating the show so if anyone wanted books signed by Norton, they could have just contacted Andrew :shrug:

That may be, but I didn't know any of that hence why I asked the question (shrug)

:sorry:

That may be, but I didn't know any of that hence why I asked the question (shrug)

:sorry:

These days there's pretty much always a public facilitator for any halfway-decent show, so I'd suggest just keeping an eye on the "SigSeries Event Announcements" forum :thumbsup:

third eye is a comic book store in maryland. their variants are like larry's.

Well I rather like the different cover that third eye produced for this variant but I have to be honest and say store variants are usually a turn off. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Well I rather like the different cover that third eye produced for this variant but I have to be honest and say store variants are usually a turn off. Does anyone else feel the same way?

i feel the same way. n fact, the more variants a book has, the more likely they are to cancel each other out down the road, when a newbie is looking to buy one. Simply too many choices.

WD has Zero Variants. Saga has ONE.

i feel the same way. n fact, the more variants a book has, the more likely they are to cancel each other out down the road, when a newbie is looking to buy one. Simply too many choices.

WD has Zero Variants. Saga has ONE.

"They" know that if they print it, we will buy it (and you will buy ten copies...... M e. T o o.)

That Revival 3rd eye cover is sweet though, I have not even thought about selling mine.

It certainly is different from just stamping a store logo on the cover. No offense to Larry's variant's but his always felt like 2nd prints or something... :P

That Revival 3rd eye cover is sweet though, I have not even thought about selling mine.

It certainly is different from just stamping a store logo on the cover. No offense to Larry's variant's but his always felt like 2nd prints or something... :P

No offense taken.

I agree for the most part. I generated my first shop variant in 1997 for a Tom Veitch signing of Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith. A photo copy of an advance preview w a gold seal.

My shop is amongst the pioneers of the regional shop variant.

Back in the day, a color change, a logo added or some generic imagery was all that was needed to draw interest. Heck, just contacting a publisher & getting them to agree to working with you was considered a coup for a single shop.

The game has changed. The market has evolved.

Now, shorter print runs & art directed original imagery, high concepts are required.

I'm certainly capable of raising my game.

I'll have some cool news on 10-25.

For now, one last tease.

LIVmz.jpg

Edited by LarrysComics