• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

It took you 5 hours to prepare that statement lol

Just kidding... I still stand by my statement that regular blue 9.8's have been relatively flat. Of course Revival has faired better up to this point, but to say Bedlam has tanked is a little extreme. $200 for a sketch is still strong (unless you paid $5 hundo lol ). Of course, not as strong as a Revival sketch, currently fetching $300-$350.

Ryan Browne did a kick *spoon* job with MP #10. Bedlam is not off the radar. As with NWM and other titles we discuss, so much is out right now it's hard to keep it all seperated.

I guess it's a wait and see when Bedlam, Saga, and Todd come back from there breaks.

Edited by ItsJustRyan

It took you 5 hours to prepare that statement lol

Just kidding... I still stand by my statement that regular blue 9.8's have been relatively flat. Of course Revival has faired better up to this point, but to say Bedlam has tanked is a little extreme. $200 for a sketch is still strong (unless you paid $5 hundo lol ). Of course, not as strong as a Revival sketch, currently fetching $300-$350.

lol, i'm slipping

I agree, my words were probably to strong. In my defense, i was mostly referring to print run and a lesser extent, the high end priced stuff. I agree the 1st prints have been unchanged, but not in a great place.

The reason i even mentioned it at all, was because Bedlam and Revival shared a lot of similarities in their early secondary market stuff, and he asked how the market was doing for Revival.

In the future, I think I will not mention books by name as comparisons lol .

Haven't been following prices on Revival, just enjoying the ride in reading. Is the sketch really going for that much? Guess I did good getting one from dre way back when for 150.

If Bedlam has tanked, why am I selling them for $60 - $65 everytime?

It's issue #6 only - thats a healthy $40 - $45 profit on each slab.

I'm happy to take that all day long.

Press "Relist" - rinse repeat.

I am supremely confident, now that Midtown has sold out of #1 that this will be a $100 slab later in the year.

I currently have another boxful on the way back from Joey as we speak.

A stupid launch, thankfully was bettered by a great story.

If Bedlam has tanked, why am I selling them for $60 - $65 everytime?

i have said several times it will pick up eventually, and predicted about 12 months to eat the oversupply. You sell for more than average because you are selling to a market with very few options (Aus) and are willing to pay up to avoid high shipping.

The last sale of a 9.8 that wasnt BIN was $41, i posted it.

But back on to the Revival subject, as to the question about it's price. It was a $300 book for a 9.8 blue last aug/sept. It fell down below 250, but has since started climbing back up.

It took another dip on the canceled TV rumors, but recovering within a few weeks. The last few blue sales were $350, with several Yellows BIN at $300, and the last auction yellow tying the two blues at $350.

There have also been some sub $250 blues, so it certainly is still fluctuating and depends on timing. But, the supply of them on ebay is definitely well down, which is helping the price climb. Same reason you see the blues selling for more then the scribbled on yellow ones, a lot more yellows than blue had been popping up.

(though currently 3 blue, no yellows, so a good time to list a yellow)

Edited by CBT

Hi CBT - I can only refer to my sales to regulars, ebay and privately.

It may be the market, but I do give very good customer service, and (with the exception of 1 loony) have 100% positive feedback and am a bronze power-seller and top-rated seller.

I also hold a few 'top-sales' on GPA.

Maybe the lower sales are 'panic' sales, but it's the time gap between listing and bidding I find encouraging.

Its quite short.

Certainly only a couple get 2 bids or more, but the death of this book is overstated.

Revival,I sold out my stock - approx 40 x 9.8 at roughly $80 - $150.

A very large range in prices, but I don't have too much belief in the long term potential of this book - I certainly would be selling in the next 3-6 months.

Indeed while we are having this discussion:

The Walking Dead - hold #1, sell the rest

Saga - as above

Peter Panzerfaust - buy #1's. People will look back on when $400 was a steal.

Look at the talent in the motion comic - The BBC will be aiming equally as high (in fact I am pretty sure who it is anyway that is reading for the part).

Uber #0 - Buy

Todd #1 - Buy

Sixth Gun #1 - Hold.

The rest - easy come, easy go.

Your thoughts CBT and Ryan?

So hard to predict the future. And I majored in that in college!

So, many variables in play and I'm not going to handicap any single series from the list.

BUT, I will say that quality books can do poorly for no reason other than its not from a mainstream publisher and then BOOM (ie: Rachel Rising). Conversely, sucky books can do well through hype and rumors alone. In the end, quality will win. That's why I believe in titles we have been talking about. It's sad though that quality alone is not always enough...

Edited by ItsJustRyan

Not belaboring the point CBT, but last sale is hardly a trend.

I have seen books with large spreads days apart.

But hey, it's fun to :baiting: each other for kicks!

I agree 100%, however, not all sales are created equally.

I have a long standing position that Auction prices are king. BINs distort value to the upside because many people pass them by before someone comes along willing to overpay. BINs can be as much a sign of ignorance as value, and while that's great for the seller, it provides no stability.

A $41 open auction on a book with a $54 average does not mean $41 is the price of the book now (which i think I stated in my previous post), but it does show soft demand and an average price under pressure to the downside.

I'd be interested to see if a Revival 9.8 could sell for 25% below it's average price. I'll have to check that one. The supply is high, so its possible, but i doubt it.

I'm one of the guys with a blue 9.8 on ebay for $300. Had it at that price for over a week and no takers... I only even listed it because I need/needed quick cash. Not working out to well lol. I might take it down if it doesn't sell soon, wouldn't mind keeping it.

First post for me, Hi everyone :)

It may be the market, but I do give very good customer service, and (with the exception of 1 loony) have 100% positive feedback and am a bronze power-seller and top-rated seller.

Maybe the lower sales are 'panic' sales, but it's the time gap between listing and bidding I find encouraging.

Its quite short.

I didnt say anything negative regarding your selling. I am sure you are a top-rate seller. But I do know from experience that people:

a.) pay a premium for items in the UK to avoid shipping from the US

b.) the premium is even higher in AUS

Have any of your sales that hit the high side of GPA averages (of revival, bedlam, or anything really) ever been to non-Aus buyers. To me, if it sold from Aus to Aus, it's always got to be asterick'd in terms of fair market value.

Certainly only a couple get 2 bids or more, but the death of this book is overstated.

I don't think the book is dead, but it's print run is a disaster (because of so much speculation pressure early on). I am hoping this next issues sales data will finally show that it's stopped falling and found a floor. Once that happens, the book can start to strengthen.

I was the very first person to have a Bedlam subscription from Dre, and bought one of his two Sketch 9.8s that he got. I still have it, and have no intention of selling it, so it's not like I am trying to talk down the book.

A very large range in prices, but I don't have too much belief in the long term potential of this book - I certainly would be selling in the next 3-6 months.

I love Revival's art and story, and it's my favourite book from Image currently. Nudging past Fatale recently, because I feel that one has stalled a bit with it's one offs. For the fans of Bedlam, I think it's massively a buyers market, so go ahead and buy. As for Revival, I disagree completely. It's already had it's big dip, both in price and print run, and rebounded strongly from both. It's top variant actually hit new highs last month, passing the first to market 9.8 prices set back in August. It also quickly recovered from the dip on the failed show news, and I would think a lot of the speculators holding large stocks have moved out. It's now riding its price on strong readership, and a dispersed supply. There are too many slabbed #1 regs for it to soar like Saga, but it's got a great outlook on the secondary market and looks strong going forward.

If a TV Show were ever to come back on the table (which i think is highly unlikely, one shot is usually all you get), it would be an absolute gong show.

Saga - as above

Look at the talent in the motion comic - The BBC will be aiming equally as high (in fact I am pretty sure who it is anyway that is reading for the part).

Uber #0 - Buy

Todd #1 - Buy

Sixth Gun #1 - Hold.

I have always been a Walking Dead #1 "sell it" kind of guy. I think it's day of reckoning will come some day, but it will always be the top modern from the post 2000 era. It's overpriced, but the whole modern market would have to collapse to bring it down to reasonable levels. If that happens, it will still do the best of them all. Branget has the golden formula for making money on Walking Dead. Buy raw runs, slab, and resell.

Saga - The chance to sell has passed, now its hold. It's the number 2 book from Image, with readership that's above what walking dead was prior to the build up to 100. It's also the TOP favourite of the comics industry (writers, artists, etc). It's not going anywhere, just rose too high too quickly. It will catch another wave of speculation again, probably towards september. Fill in the gaps in your runs, have them ready to sell.

Peter Panzerfaust - Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. If you are a collector, hold off. The 9.8s are falling across the board except for 1 & 2. Raws are also falling, look to build a run via raw if that's what you want. Sell all slabs except 1 & 2 (if they are 9.8). 1&2 hold, and sell right before the motion comic releases.

Uber - sell

Todd -buy if you can get it cheap. Low print run, switched from mini to ongoing. Speculative hoard hasnt run this one into the ground yet. It's hype day will likely come. If it gets a good spike in price, that will be the time to sell it all.

Sixth Gun - Hold, Then you have two options. a.) sell right before the pilot when hype is high. b.) wait and count on the show being a hit, then sell after the pilot gets picked up (it will regardless imo, though the show could still go Firefly in its first season, bit it will get picked up for sure imo). This is a great book, awesome series, definitely worth owning. It will never catch WD in price, popularity, or relevance. As a very smart man said (Solar), if you can sell a $3 book for $1K, why risk holding, hoping to get to $2K.

annnnnnnnnd back to work i go. nothing like red bull and unpaid overtime ftw... :sorry:

I'm one of the guys with a blue 9.8 on ebay for $300. Had it at that price for over a week and no takers... I only even listed it because I need/needed quick cash. Not working out to well lol. I might take it down if it doesn't sell soon, wouldn't mind keeping it.

First post for me, Hi everyone :)

Welcome to the boards. Two blues sold for $350, but with several Yellow's getting list for BIN at $300, that has made people looking at recent sales not likely to want to pay the same for a Blue.

There's only 3 on ebay, if it doesnt sell, dont relist. Wait until there are no others and try again. I bet it would sell in that situation pretty quickly. The trend is definitely up on, considering it was averaging closer to $250 2-3 months ago.

Its quite short.

I didnt say anything negative regarding your selling. I am sure you are a top-rate seller. But I do know from experience that people:

a.) pay a premium for items in the UK to avoid shipping from the US

b.) the premium is even higher in AUS

Have any of your sales that hit the high side of GPA averages (of revival, bedlam, or anything really) ever been to non-Aus buyers. To me, if it sold from Aus to Aus, it's always got to be asterick'd in terms of fair market value.

I certainly took no implication that you had ever critisised my selling - if was purely an FYI.

As far as sales - the highest GPA PP#1 was by me to an American.

I also seem to be stocking shops in Poland and now the Czech Republic

30% of my sales are to overseas buyers.

I don't think the book is dead, but it's print run is a disaster (because of so much speculation pressure early on). I am hoping this next issues sales data will finally show that it's stopped falling and found a floor. Once that happens, the book can start to strengthen.

I was the very first person to have a Bedlam subscription from Dre, and bought one of his two Sketch 9.8s that he got. I still have it, and have no intention of selling it, so it's not like I am trying to talk down the book.

I love Revival's art and story, and it's my favourite book from Image currently. Nudging past Fatale recently, because I feel that one has stalled a bit with it's one offs. For the fans of Bedlam, I think it's massively a buyers market, so go ahead and buy. As for Revival, I disagree completely. It's already had it's big dip, both in price and print run, and rebounded strongly from both. It's top variant actually hit new highs last month, passing the first to market 9.8 prices set back in August. It also quickly recovered from the dip on the failed show news, and I would think a lot of the speculators holding large stocks have moved out. It's now riding its price on strong readership, and a dispersed supply. There are too many slabbed #1 regs for it to soar like Saga, but it's got a great outlook on the secondary market and looks strong going forward.

If a TV Show were ever to come back on the table (which i think is highly unlikely, one shot is usually all you get), it would be an absolute gong show.

No, for me the story is stalling and I have lost a bit of interest.

The attention is going elsewhere - Revivals moment in the Sun is waning.

Saga - as above

Uber #0 - Buy

Todd #1 - Buy

Sixth Gun #1 - Hold.

I have always been a Walking Dead #1 "sell it" kind of guy. I think it's day of reckoning will come some day, but it will always be the top modern from the post 2000 era. It's overpriced, but the whole modern market would have to collapse to bring it down to reasonable levels. If that happens, it will still do the best of them all. Branget has the golden formula for making money on Walking Dead. Buy raw runs, slab, and resell.

No disagreeing - he's not the only one - have dissected 2 myself

Saga - The chance to sell has passed, now its hold. It's the number 2 book from Image, with readership that's above what walking dead was prior to the build up to 100. It's also the TOP favourite of the comics industry (writers, artists, etc). It's not going anywhere, just rose too high too quickly. It will catch another wave of speculation again, probably towards september. Fill in the gaps in your runs, have them ready to sell. agreed

Peter Panzerfaust - Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. If you are a collector, hold off. The 9.8s are falling across the board except for 1 & 2. Raws are also falling, look to build a run via raw if that's what you want. Sell all slabs except 1 & 2 (if they are 9.8). 1&2 hold, and sell right before the motion comic releases.

I could not disagree more strongly - Perlman,Wood and Glau for a motion comic....thats a big statement of intent.

The TV show will be made and Peter will be a very well known actor.

The flippers have flipped and it is a hoarders market - PP #1 will be a $1000+ book inside 12 months.

I was the first and only one to tip it as a $500 book - well thats been and gone and its carried on up.

$500 will seem cheap in 12 months time.

Uber - sell "ridiculous - Avatars second most succesful opening ever - the story has not even started.

The 6 month rule is in force"

Todd -buy if you can get it cheap. Low print run, switched from mini to ongoing. Speculative hoard hasnt run this one into the ground yet. It's hype day will likely come. If it gets a good spike in price, that will be the time to sell it all.

Yup

Sixth Gun - Hold, Then you have two options. a.) sell right before the pilot when hype is high. b.) wait and count on the show being a hit, then sell after the pilot gets picked up (it will regardless imo, though the show could still go Firefly in its first season, bit it will get picked up for sure imo). This is a great book, awesome series, definitely worth owning. It will never catch WD in price, popularity, or relevance. As a very smart man said (Solar), if you can sell a $3 book for $1K, why risk holding, hoping to get to $2K. yup

annnnnnnnnd back to work i go. nothing like red bull and unpaid overtime ftw... :sorry:

30% of my sales are to overseas buyers.

but not to Americans. PP is a different story, as it was rare slabbed back then. Bedlam and Revival have never been that.

No, for me the story is stalling and I have lost a bit of interest.

The attention is going elsewhere - Revivals moment in the Sun is waning.

Fair enough, everyone has a right to their opinion on all books. Personally, I hate Saga, I think its garbage, but :shy: that's not a popular opinion to hold. However, my view of its secondary market values and even my ownership of copies isnt dictated by that.

In the case of Revival, the numbers dont lie. Both completed sales on ebay versus historical values, as well as the monthly Print Run numbers. Both are trending fairly strongly up, and that;s after over supply and a tv rumor collapse.

I could not disagree more strongly - Perlman,Wood and Glau for a motion comic....thats a big statement of intent.

The TV show will be made and Peter will be a very well known actor.

Sure, for the motion comic. Even the creators wont speak of a follow up show with any sort of certainty. I am not saying it wont happen, but one shouldnt presume it certain either. Lots of project have big name voice actors, doesnt mean a whole lot. And, Summer Glau :D, everything she has ever starred in has failed lol. just saying...;)

All funny stuff aside, the motion comic will be great, but i stand by my comments

The flippers have flipped and it is a hoarders market - PP #1 will be a $1000+ book inside 12 months.

I was the first and only one to tip it as a $500 book - well thats been and gone and its carried on up.

$500 will seem cheap in 12 months time.

No, the flippers are currently flipping and slabbing, and yellowing up a storm. The later issues hit many ridiculous price points that will never ever be seen again, even if it became a massive live action hit.

Just look at what non-key WD books sell for, and then look at what some of those early slab sales of PP caught. 1 and 2 are the only ones worth holding, the rest should be sold for the massive profits available while possible. One who believes in the series long term, can then reinvest that profit into 1s and 2s.

Now, as for PP being a $1K book, see my original advice on when 1 and 2 should be sold. I didnt put a limit on where #1 would go, just when they time to sell it would be. As for going above $1K, refer to the sixth gun comments.

Uber - sell "ridiculous - Avatars second most succesful opening ever - the story has not even started.

The 6 month rule is in force"

6 month rule is dead because speculation has overrun the market. All new launches are massively overprinted and should be sold immediately for the quick flip. If a person has a personal affinity for a title, by all means hold a few, but I would sell enough to cover all costs before hanging on to anything printed in 2013 for the long haul. If its an all time high, its just because of guys "buying cases".

Too many absolutes in your statement CBT.

You cannot possibly have a clue as to how many USA buyers I do business with.

All my CGC private board sales have been to Americans.

PP TV show - I know with 100% certainty who has been approached to play Peter, and he is interested.

As for flippers - I refered to #1 only.

I cannot see much value in non- #1's except for Key 1st apps - in this case Capt Haken.

PP is the only book that meet the requirements of another "potential" TWD.

What are we on - #11?

Motion Comic, then TV show.

WW2, well known story, BBC do the best period shows anywhere, will be huge around the world - PP is American :gossip:

Uber:

As for the 6 month rule - just because you say it is dead, doesn't really mean that anyone has to pay attention.

I am happy to disagree, but you speak in absolutes 99% of the time, which makes discussion difficult, if not impossible.(I know pot meet kettle lol )

I, with the exception of TWD, don't flip raws - I prefer to pre-buy, slowly slab and wait.

And with CGC TAT's thats the 6 month rule nailed.

Hasn't let me down so far, and thats all I care about.

Cheers.