• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Thanks, Jeff Bohn! There lies the problem with Revival.

It is weird I didn't get PP though.With PP: I suspect they sold more than they themselves had ordered. And picked customers at random as to who they will sell the book too. I submitted mine pretty early -- there seems to be no rhyme or reason why they didn't fulfill my PP hardcover order.

20-Dec-2013 later edit: Amazon has it available. I don't know what happened to my order. Oh well. I got one now.

Edited by revivedrevival

REVIVAL 19 Cover and solicitation for March...

revival-19.jpg

REVIVAL #19

story TIM SEELEY

art MIKE NORTON

cover JENNY FRISON

MARCH 26 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

Edmund Holt is up to something. Dana and her son Coop are having issues about the thing in the woods. Lester is having issues with the thing in the woods. And Em, left alone, is looking for new ways to feel something…anything…

BATMAN Scribe Hopes DC Readers Check Out Acclaimed Series REVIVAL

I think the relatively short interview with Tim Seeley (link above) warrants reading front to back. But, here are the highlights:

" Instead of a survival story, it's a story about death, and about living."

"Yeah, absolutely. We knew the mystery, and we knew the ending. And then we sort of developed characters that live in that world and let their personalities dictate where they went....

Part of it was that we wanted to know the origin of this thing, so we would really know all the things it would cause. If we know the ending, then we can set characters up very early to build toward that end."

" The monster that is in this story doesn't have a folklore equivalent. It doesn't have something that's been built up before.

We wanted to restore actual fear of this stuff by being sort of unpredictable and people not knowing the rules."

I can't wait until the big reveal, although I think we may need to wait a while.

After the big reveal, I will re-read the story. It'll probably bring new meaning much like with the movie Trainspotting.

Trainspotting spoilers:

Re-watching Trainspotting is a different experience than the first viewing; I cringe every time I see that baby crawling around.

My only concern with this book is that they don't go down the Morning Glories route and lose readers due to too many plots and such.

If you have read Morning Glories you know what I am talking about.

I don't see that being the case here with Revival at all. I seem to be following along nicely and the book is fantastic [more so as of late IMO]

My only concern with this book is that they don't go down the Morning Glories route and lose readers due to too many plots and such.

If you have read Morning Glories you know what I am talking about.

Morning glories was like that from the start. I didn't know what was going on from book to book.

That would be bad... :eek:

If the hanging mystery IS the story. Nothing is ever revealed. It just bounces from one subplot to the next. :ohnoez:

I just read #11-16 in one sitting and this was my impression too. Those issues didn't move the main mystery forward one bit, and just jumped from subplot to subplot. And while some of those are tangentially related to the main mystery, I don't feel like the story is moving anyplace but sideways at this point. I barely picked up #16, and may not get #17.

Oh, I'm still in. I like the characters too much that I couldn't deal with not seeing what happens to them next. :)

I just hope that the main story gets some clarity soon rather than just starting more and more subplots.

I have a question about #16

Were the pages on comixology out of order or am I just confused?

On the fourth last page, May appears to be burning in a fire. Then on the next page Em is sitting in her car out of breath and watching May walk around and talk on her phone?

(shrug)