• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I saw a promo for the new "Resurrection" TV show... Is it a blatant rip-off of this comic? Sure seemed like it from the spots they are throwing out there!

Yeah, it was a pretty big deal when ABC announced it last year. From what I understand, the Revival team had been shopping the book around, ABC shot them down after a couple meetings, and then a few months later announced this. A few sites acknowledged it was pretty much a rip off.

The concept had been explored before revival with some similarities.

Handling the Undead (Swedish: Hanteringen av odöda) is a 2005 horror novel by Swedish writer John Ajvide Lindqvist, translated into English in 2009. The book revolves around the unexplained reanimation of thousands of recently deceased people in Stockholm, Sweden.

The plot focuses on the reactions of society and the many conflicts that arise between Swedish authorities and the relatives of the undead; the horror is less in the uncanny animation of corpses but in the realities of grief, loss and our own inevitable mortality. An important theme is the bond between parents and children.

As displayed with my asterisk, it is a common theme.

That said, the timing is unreal. I believe that ABC is trying to spoil things for NBC Universal's Revival.

the government locates a concentration camp in their small town of Arcadia to contain the "returned", dead people who have mysteriously started showing up all over the world, they are forced to reconcile their beliefs with reality. They know the boy Agent Bellamy brought them is their son, but what does mean? They grapple with that question as more and more of the "returned" are relocated in Arcadia. Pressure builds between the living and the returned as soldiers transport truck loads of the living dead into Arcadia and stay to guard them. When Harold and his son, Jacob, end up in the camp, Lucille Hargrave decides to take action but not before the tension has built to a boiling point between the town's people, the soldiers, and the thousands of returned that now inhabit the town.

You snooze you lose as I always say. NBC should have stepped up and made it happen fast if that was the case [which I have a hard time believing it was]

Those posts are from this thread (Sept-2013).

I am well invested in this book (see four posts ago). I've done some analysis.

The net of it is: TWD is survival horror. Revival made a twist on a common story such that there is most focus on death & how the 'was always alive' treat those who were once dead. (This fact is best articulated in Tim Seeley interviews). That niche was a bit untapped... until this Ressurection show surfaced.

I agree with Harvey to some respect.

For each reviver, there is a ghost-like figure.

The ghosts can enter in the bodies of any reviver.

There is one psychopath serial killer who controlled Arlene.

There is another ghost who lost his ring and is posessing Jamie's Dad. I believe the ring story but it's not Jamie's dad's story.

Em's ghost is around and plays with Coop often.

Updated prediction:

This is tough to articulate and I don't know how it'll be wrapped together but, in SAT verbal section fashion:

Joe: his ring :: Em : Em's smile

IE: when Em finally smiles, she (her body and respective ghost) move on.

Updated prediction:

I think the ghost like figures will continue to be in a frenzy to unite with anybody. It only goes over well when they reunite with their original hosts (bodies).

Dana's investigations will come into play with her sister's death and in identifying if/when a ghost figure reunites with the correct host (body).

I agree with Harvey to some respect.

For each reviver, there is a ghost-like figure.

The ghosts can enter in the bodies of any reviver.

There is one psychopath serial killer who controlled Arlene.

There is another ghost who lost his ring and is posessing Jamie's Dad. I believe the ring story but it's not Jamie's dad's story.

Em's ghost is around and plays with Coop often.

Updated prediction:

This is tough to articulate and I don't know how it'll be wrapped together but, in SAT verbal section fashion:

Joe: his ring :: Em : Em's smile

IE: when Em finally smiles, she (her body and respective ghost) move on.

Updated prediction:

I think the ghost like figures will continue to be in a frenzy to unite with anybody. It only goes over well when they reunite with their original hosts (bodies).

Dana's investigations will come into play with her sister's death and in identifying if/when a ghost figure reunites with the correct host (body).

I love discussion about the plot and predictions! (thumbs u

So, when Em is resolved and moved on from Aaron Weimer or finds a moment of genuine happiness? Then her spirit will return. So people are revived until unresolved issues are cleared up and their souls can rest in peace. :grin:

Edited by HarveySwick

cover to #20 wtf lol

revival_20.jpg

WTF indeed! Ummm... yeah this cover is pretty weird.

I hope it's not a spoiler cover and Em is about to find her "salvation/smile" and finally be allowed to pass on. I'll be upset if and when Em is gone...

I just saw that both Norton and Seeley will be at Boston Comic Con this year! :whee:

http://www.bostoncomiccon.com/artists.html

My plan has been to get one of them to completely color in a raw #1 Sketch I have with markers. :cloud9:

I would totally want to give them a sketch cover and have some "doodles" on it. So jealous. :P