• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

I fell so behind on this book. Loved the first 5 issues, missed a couple, then read 7-9 awhile back and have had no desire to read 10-12 sitting in my boxes. I'm sad that the book started just dragging to me as I liked it so much. Does it pick up and do something different to compel me to further my reading past #9???

(shrug)

Sort of the same thing. It's supposed to be slow. It's a "rural noir" - a crime mystery! It's supposed to be a slow simmer leading to a boil. I've always enjoyed it, but I guess I can understand some not liking it. :sorry: Nothing major about Revival Day is resolved in the later issues but some minor things are revealed.

I fell so behind on this book. Loved the first 5 issues, missed a couple, then read 7-9 awhile back and have had no desire to read 10-12 sitting in my boxes. I'm sad that the book started just dragging to me as I liked it so much. Does it pick up and do something different to compel me to further my reading past #9???

not the fastest paced book but I love the subtly. I can see the heavy dialogue/light action turning people off. This book takes a long time to read and soak in.

Issues 16 + 17 are, in my opinion, the beginnings of a major reveal with Clayface/Flukeman. Considering I waited 30 some issues for Morning Glories to start explaining things i'm doing alright with Revival.

This was the series based on a novel that may have played a part in the death of Revival at NBC. So, although I'm a genre fan and will watch..I'm also kind of peeved that Revival has not as yet crossed over.

Res is about people coming back from the dead all at once, including children etc. Thats ok, but i am interested to see how and whats behind them coming back, to see if they took it from revival comics..