• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis/ComicConnect auction house missed restoration problem

51 posts in this topic

wasn't how to best title this, but I've had problems like this in the past. To their credit Heritage House has in the past taken 2 books back I bought in their auctions, had graded and came back with the purple label. They refunded all the costs: lot price, shipping and slabbing costs. Comiclink also has been great at refunding or making up costs if they made a mistake. But not the mighty Metropolis comics, who auctions comics as ComicConnect. I bought an Action #80, certified by them as a 3.5, came back as a 3.5 but with trimmed covers. So somebody got lazy. they offered to refund the $110 auction price but not the shipping or slabbing costs. Not only that when I asked to speak to the manager they wouldn't even do me the courtesy of connecting me. We are talking maybe $65-$75 for a company that sells comics worth millions. Shows their priorities doesn't it? They tried to say it took too long for me to contact them, but we all know that it can take over 6 months sometimes to get slabbed books back, esp. since I had turned these in right before the price increases so they were swamped. So fair warning if you buy from them, their "certified grade" doesn't mean much. Heritage charges much more in premiums but they are respectful of their customers at least.

I had one rawbook that I bought from a dealer that came back restored. The dealer refunded my purchase price and the shipping back to them.

No refund on the slabbing costs. Actually, there wasn't even a discussion about it. I just assume that is my cost/responsibility, not the dealers.

wasn't how to best title this, but I've had problems like this in the past. To their credit Heritage House has in the past taken 2 books back I bought in their auctions, had graded and came back with the purple label. They refunded all the costs: lot price, shipping and slabbing costs. Comiclink also has been great at refunding or making up costs if they made a mistake. But not the mighty Metropolis comics, who auctions comics as ComicConnect. I bought an Action #80, certified by them as a 3.5, came back as a 3.5 but with trimmed covers. So somebody got lazy. they offered to refund the $110 auction price but not the shipping or slabbing costs. Not only that when I asked to speak to the manager they wouldn't even do me the courtesy of connecting me. We are talking maybe $65-$75 for a company that sells comics worth millions. Shows their priorities doesn't it? They tried to say it took too long for me to contact them, but we all know that it can take over 6 months sometimes to get slabbed books back, esp. since I had turned these in right before the price increases so they were swamped. So fair warning if you buy from them, their "certified grade" doesn't mean much. Heritage charges much more in premiums but they are respectful of their customers at least.

Who were you in a previous ID? hm

....I certainly hope not. Unfortunately, only a strong, daily administered dose of Prozac could guarantee that. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....I certainly hope not. Unfortunately, only a strong, daily administered dose of Prozac could guarantee that. GOD BLESS...

I am starting to see double. I had better go to bed.

....I apologize.....you saw correctly. It seems I forgot MY daily dose of Prozac today....GOD BLESS....

I am starting to see double. I had better go to bed.

....I apologize.....you saw correctly. It seems I forgot MY daily dose of Prozac today....GOD BLESS....

I'll stay up for another 20 minutes then. :grin: