• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros saw how much Marvel's The Avengers made.....

105 posts in this topic

They made those movies but they were never in the same mold. They all felt like they were different universes. When you watch Iron Man, and Thor and Cap they all feel like they are made to fit together.

Marvel's strategy was masterful. They intertwined the origins of all the characters (Super Soldier Serum - created by Stark, used to create Cap and Hulk), the spoilers at the end of every movie building up hype and creating buzz and excitement, slowly developing the characters over the course of a few years.

It was an impeccable strategy pulled off with a lot of patience.

DC is going to flop unless they do something similar.

They can make just as much money as Marvel if they just plot out a long term strategy and stick to talent and good story telling.

Taking a short cut will just lead to another flop.

If they put out a great trailer, people will come. The Avengers trailer had great action, great special effects, and perhaps most importantly, humor("We have a Hulk").

A JLA trailer with those three components will fill theaters on opening night.

If they put out a great trailer, people will come. The Avengers trailer had great action, great special effects, and perhaps most importantly, humor("We have a Hulk").

I think that they need to focus on filling the theatres for a few weeks, not just opening night.

lol

They made those movies but they were never in the same mold. They all felt like they were different universes. When you watch Iron Man, and Thor and Cap they all feel like they are made to fit together.

Marvel's strategy was masterful. They intertwined the origins of all the characters (Super Soldier Serum - created by Stark, used to create Cap and Hulk), the spoilers at the end of every movie building up hype and creating buzz and excitement, slowly developing the characters over the course of a few years.

It was an impeccable strategy pulled off with a lot of patience.

DC is going to flop unless they do something similar.

They can make just as much money as Marvel if they just plot out a long term strategy and stick to talent and good story telling.

Taking a short cut will just lead to another flop.

Superman-Krypton

Batman-Earth

Wonder Woman-Themyscira

Good luck tying them in together. You have to have the big three. I agree that they need to follow the strategy of the individual films first. Here is to hoping they don't suck.

I wished Warner would go the photorealistic animation route for Justice League. That DCU Online trailer shows the potential, especially if they pushed the limits of technology and used the voice talents that have already proven themselves with fans.

Word would spread like wildfire if they did it right, and the money would pour in. :wishluck:

I wished Warner would go the photorealistic animation route for Justice League. That DCU Online trailer shows the potential, especially if they pushed the limits of technology and used the voice talents that have already proven themselves with fans.

Word would spread like wildfire if they did it right, and the money would pour in. :wishluck:

Thats pretty cool and all, but would make a terrible movie. Who wants a movie where all the heroes die? Works better as a 5 minute teaser trailer. Anyone can do a decent "final story" (Killing Joke, DKR, Last Superman story), but if you plan on building a franchise out of it, there has to be something not quite so apocalyptic.

Set up all the movies, Superman vs whoever, Batman vs whoever, WW vs whoever, Captain Marvel vs whoever, Flash/GL, etc and establish the base. Then put the team together to fight the Legion of Doom or whatever. It works.

He has superhero experience with Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

He was Shark Boy?!?

My kids were just watching that piece of garbage saturday and i had no clue that was him ???

That piece of garbage was made by one of the greatest film directors of the last 20 years who brought us such greatness as sin city, machete, grindhouse, and from dusk till dawn.

He makes like that to pay for his good movies that you know you like so have some respect.

Thats pretty cool and all, but would make a terrible movie. Who wants a movie where all the heroes die? Works better as a 5 minute teaser trailer. Anyone can do a decent "final story" (Killing Joke, DKR, Last Superman story), but if you plan on building a franchise out of it, there has to be something not quite so apocalyptic.

Set up all the movies, Superman vs whoever, Batman vs whoever, WW vs whoever, Captain Marvel vs whoever, Flash/GL, etc and establish the base. Then put the team together to fight the Legion of Doom or whatever. It works.

Actually, I think Suicide Squad would make a good movie, and when all the "heroes" die at the end, the string-pullers could say "we need a new team." There's your lead-in.

So now they're bring back the Justice League movie from "development hell"

And now they got a writer for the Wonder Woman movie too.

How do you all think they should release the JL movie?

They can't do what Marvel did with solo movies because they're already far behind :P

CLAYMATION!!!

For some reason I find this both amazing funny :roflmao: and a feasible future direction.

They don't need to do a Justice League movie. They can simply do a Batman/Superman movie -- call it say World's Finest (well you probably do need a better title than that) -- and give it to Chris Nolan. That film would likely do Avengers type numbers. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the rest of the JLA can come later.

lol Yeah, if Frank Miller and Alan Moore can do it, anyone can (not sure how Killing Joke is a final story)!

It's amazing to me how DC's animated fare is so head and shoulders above Marvel's yet when it comes to live action it's the opposite ( at least lately ). (shrug)

It's amazing to me how DC's animated fare is so head and shoulders above Marvel's yet when it comes to live action it's the opposite ( at least lately ). (shrug)

Yeah, almost like the parent company that owns the DC properties has had almost a century of animation expertise. Weird.

Yeah, almost like the parent company that owns the DC properties has had almost a century of animation expertise. Weird.

That has nothing to do with having a stud like Bruce Timm working for them.