• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's Annual Big, BIG Deal thread.....kicks off in full force tonight 11pm EST.

165 posts in this topic

Let's start things off with a bang...

Fight Comics # 40 (CGC 8.5 OW) $1,400 Super tough book that's seen rabid demand as of late. Tied for highest certified with one other copy. The other 8.5 sold for $1,100+ in a C-link auction last year if memory serves, which is a nutty multiple of Guide. Heck, a 4.0 sold in Dec for $280, according to GPA. Something about babes and bondage and Nazis I guess. I think mine is the nicer of the two 8.5s, and such, I'm asking a premium over that one's last selling price.

FightComics40cgc85.jpg

:ohm

Strange Tales # 1 (CGC 8.5 Slight Resto) $1,250 A very pretty book with only Slight amateur resto. An unrestored 8.5 would probably sell for $7k+ easy, so I think this book presents as a very affordable alternative for those that want a nice copy without paying out the nose for it.

StrangeTales1CGC85.jpg

Marvel Mystery # 48 (CGC 7.5 Pressed) $1,900 Classic Schomburg D-Day invasion cover. Just a gorgeous book. Really surprised it didn't come back 8.0 or better. Must be an interior defect keeping the book from grading higher.

MarvelMystery48CGC75.jpg

Marvel Mystery # 51 (CGC 8.0 White) SOLD Classic Schomburg torture hooded Nazi cover. A 6.5 just sold for $938 on ebay last week. My price might be crazy, but so is anyone who thinks they can get a comparable copy for cheap.

MarvelMystery51CGC80.jpg

Since we started the night with a rare Fight Comics...let's end it with one as well.

Fight Comics # 35 (CGC 9.4 OW) $6,000. Second only to # 31 in scarcity and collector demand, this book has been shattering Guide multiples for years. The GGA cover with the bare breasted native girl is a classic in every way. This is the sole highest graded copy. There are no 9.2s. This is it, and very likely may be the only true Near Mint copy of this book that is ever certified. Price is both nutty and firm. :P

FightComics35cgc94.jpg

Alright, that's it for tonight. Too bad Ken is not around, this thread could really use a Decepticon-like recap. Perhaps I'll clean it up tomorrow.

If you really want something, I'd suggest claiming it in the thread, since I probably won't be reading my PMs for the next 10-12 hours.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by.

Marvel Mystery # 51 (CGC 8.0 White) $2,500 Classic Schomburg torture hooded Nazi cover. A 6.5 just sold for $938 on ebay last week. My price might be crazy, but so is anyone who thinks they can get a comparable copy for cheap.

MarvelMystery51CGC80.jpg

I'd be all over this one if I needed it. "White Pages" on a Timely is probably about 1 out of 300

Marvel Mystery # 51 (CGC 8.0 White) $2,500 Classic Schomburg torture hooded Nazi cover. A 6.5 just sold for $938 on ebay last week. My price might be crazy, but so is anyone who thinks they can get a comparable copy for cheap.

MarvelMystery51CGC80.jpg

I'd be all over this one if I needed it. "White Pages" on a Timely is probably about 1 out of 300

I'm guessing if there would be an authority on the issue sir, it would indeed be you. Thank you for the kind words. :foryou: