• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's Annual Big, BIG Deal thread.....kicks off in full force tonight 11pm EST.

165 posts in this topic

Since we started the night with a rare Fight Comics...let's end it with one as well.

Fight Comics # 35 (CGC 9.4 OW) $6,000. Second only to # 31 in scarcity and collector demand, this book has been shattering Guide multiples for years. The GGA cover with the bare breasted native girl is a classic in every way. This is the sole highest graded copy. There are no 9.2s. This is it, and very likely may be the only true Near Mint copy of this book that is ever certified. Price is both nutty and firm. :P

FightComics35cgc94.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!

I remember holding that book at Harley's table 3 years ago, thinking of buying, but didn't. :frustrated:

Ringo Kid # 15 (CGC 8.0) $50

RingoKid16cgc80.jpg

:takeit:

$50 is cheaper than it cost to slab the darn thing.

That is so cool that Peter Cushing is on the cover of this one...unlike the Death Star I hope he evacuates the jail in time before it blows up :wishluck:

Jim

Due to a very tight schedule, and a slew of things I still need to get done before Heroes, I will not be posting additional books and will officially closing this thread tomorrow after I've updated it with scans from the books I'm picking up.

If there is anything you are interested in, please shoot me a PM. Once invoices are sent out tomorrow, I will more then likely not be in a position to mail anything out until after I return on Sunday, except for those folks who have paid already and whose books are going out today or tomorrow.

If you would like to see scans of the books from Page 13, please let me know by tomorrow afternoon, and I'll be sure to include them.

Journey into Mystery # 89 (CGC 9.0 OW) SOLD Classic Kirby cover.

JIM89CGC90.jpg

Book has sold via PM.

How did I miss this?

:cry:

Journey into Mystery # 89 (CGC 9.0 OW) SOLD Classic Kirby cover.

JIM89CGC90.jpg

Book has sold via PM.

How did I miss this?

:cry:

Too busy in that Doug Schmell thread.... :gossip:

You were too busy arguing your point in the Schmell thread. :baiting:

Too funny...we thought the exact same thing...

I promise I wasn't copying Bob with my post Roy...just on the same wave length.

You were too busy arguing your point in the Schmell thread. :baiting:

Too funny...we thought the exact same thing...

I promise I wasn't copying Bob with my post Roy...just on the same wave length.

Work first, play later.

:sumo:

Well, things aren't looking up folks. Due to circumstances beyond my control, appears I won't be going to CGC tomorrow to retrieve all of my books. For those of you who are awaiting scans, let me know if next week works, because that's the soonest I'll have them at this point.

Startling Comics # 52 (CGC 8.0-Pressed) SOLD Sold to me as a raw 9.0. Was expecting 9.0. Got back 8.0. Super nice book regardless. Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes, the bear gets you. :tonofbricks:

Startling52cgc80.jpg

Book has sold, via PM. :headbang:

Well, things aren't looking up folks. Due to circumstances beyond my control, appears I won't be going to CGC tomorrow to retrieve all of my books. For those of you who are awaiting scans, let me know if next week works, because that's the soonest I'll have them at this point.

Next week works for me. All Star 58 9.6 White pending scan.